• Help Support TNDeer:

HUNTR podcast- Big Ohio buck with A TN connection

After reading all of that, I'm not sure why he has continued to tell the lies, or even bothered going to court. He most definitely owes me a personal apology after throwing my name around at every opportunity. But I doubt that will come. I am more angry that he defrauded good people and took money from folks who trusted that he was telling the truth than my personal offense. We try to vet every story, and had no reason not to believe his at first. I hope this will not mean that we have to change the way we deal with the good and honest hunters who take exceptional bucks, as we pursue their stories, going forward.

Last edited:
After reading all of that, I'm not sure why he has continued to tell the lies, or even bothered going to court.

I mean, just look at his age. I sure hate to lump youngsters in a category together but when it comes to hunters under 30 I don't have much hope for them. Under 25 and that hope drops even more. Social media kids. Arrogant, ignorant, and in it for all the wrong reasons. The guy grows up in a cell phone era, knows these phones can keep track of everything, and yet still too stupid to avoid doing dumb $$!+ knowing good and well it can come back on him.

I sure hate to lump youngsters in a category together but when it comes to hunters under 30 I don't have much hope for them. Under 25 and that hope drops even more. Social media kids. Arrogant, ignorant, and in it for all the wrong reasons.

The only thing that scumbag shares in common with hunters his age, is age. He's a common thief & a liar.

The only thing that scumbag shares in common with hunters his age, is age. He's a common thief & a liar.

I don't think they're all poachers, I just mean I notice a huge difference between this generation of hunters and those older than them and it is sad. Liars and poachers have been around forever and won't go away any time soon but lots of young hunters out there that I do not want to share the woods with. If yall are raising or have raised them to know better than good for you but it seems for every good one there are 5 googans these days.

After reading all of that, I'm not sure why he has continued to tell the lies, or even bothered going to court. He most definitely owes me a personal apology after throwing my name around at every opportunity. But I doubt that will come. I am more angry that he defrauded good people and took money from folks who trusted that he was telling the truth than my personal offense. We try to vet every story, and had no reason not to believe his at first. I hope this will not mean that we have to change the way we deal with the good and honest hunters who take exceptional bucks, as we pursue their stories, going forward.
Here is a thought...have them sign a fair chase affidavit from B/C.
It is stunning how many guys I have spoken to on the phone who sent pics to me first so they could get it in the book.
Only to find out that they would not sign the affidavit.
I'm sure some illegal hunters get away with it but I'm also sure many don't cross that paper threshold !

In todays ultra fast time of info, it's easy to figure out who illegally baits, uses cell cams, or trespasses.

So many hunters just want the easy way!

I don't think they're all poachers, I just mean I notice a huge difference between this generation of hunters and those older than them and it is sad. Liars and poachers have been around forever and won't go away amy time soon bit lots of young hunters out there that I do not want to share the woods with. If yall are raising or have raised them to know better than good for you but it seems for every good one there are 5 googans these days.

I do agree kids are different today. But I also remember being a youngster hearing old timers talk about my generation like we were all a bunch of googans. If I had to guess their old timers did the same. Part of the human experience is being an idiot making mistakes, prioritizing meaningless things while ignoring what really matters. It's youth. They'll lose it just as we did.

I believed his story at first when I saw the podcast. But the evidence is there and I don't believe a jury will ever find him not guilty. That cell phone data will get you every time! He gets what he deserves. He's gonna be paying off this debt for quite some time

I do agree kids are different today. But I also remember being a youngster hearing old timers talk about my generation like we were all a bunch of googans. If I had to guess their old timers did the same. Part of the human experience is being an idiot making mistakes, prioritizing meaningless things while ignoring what really matters. It's youth. They'll lose it just as we did.

I get what you're saying but a dude in his twenties that's married with kids pulling crap like this seems like more than just growing pains. Hopefully he learns his lesson. I just feel like if you want to do the right thing for the right reasons stuff like this should not even enter your head.

It's too bad an ethical hunter wasn't able to kill this deer. It's an unfortunate and sad ending to the story. As far as the actions of this dude reflecting on the current generation of young hunters, I'd say that's painting with a pretty broad brush. It could've just as easily been a 50 or 60 year old man. Giant bucks make people do dumb stuff. We've all seen it before.

I believed his story at first when I saw the podcast. But the evidence is there and I don't believe a jury will ever find him not guilty. That cell phone data will get you every time! He gets what he deserves. He's gonna be paying off this debt for quite some time
Gotta read the body language. I listened to the podcast at first and believed him. I went home and watched it and changed my mind instantly. Him saying he left his phone at home was the dead give away, then when they said they had his knife and he said they didn't. He talked to much about his dad as well.

Big antlers sell and also make people do dumb stuff. Just imagine if this buck was a spike would anyone have prosecuted. And I'd bet a thousand he wouldn't have even risked it and then went on a campaign of lies. Only thing he had in his mind was dollars and fame. Most people have no ethics or morals. I wouldn't poach a big buck for the fact that there's no reason honor. Be just like buying one off marketplace to hang over your fireplace. And then tell long stories about the day it happened. I hope they hang him by the sack.

Latest posts

Back