• Help Support TNDeer:

I hate to ask but…

Nsghunter

So, I used to know but I can't remember. When you apply for a quota hunt and select two drawings, how does that work? You get selected or denied for your options one time then you get to try again if you select two options and then if you get selected for one in your 1st drawing can you get a second choice to draw if you selected two drawing options?

The way I understand it is if your drawn your first choice is looked at but if it's filled they look at your second choice. If it's filled then you get a point . Not totally sure on points but I think as choices open up they look at who put in for it with the most points , then start selecting going down the line until it's filled.

If chosen in first drawing, they look at your choices. You will get the first one open.
After they have gone through the first drawing, they draw for a second. If drawn, they will go through your choices again, and you will get the first one still open. If none of your choices are available...they send you a refund for that drawing.... assuming you paid for it. (No charge for sportsman's, etc).

I put in for the gun hunt @ Yuchi 1st choice . 2nd choice is @ Yuchi muzzleloader different hunt and dates. Now if I'm drawn for my first choice I don't think I could draw my 2nd choice . I'm thinking that woukd take your priority points . I put in like that just in case the 1st choice was filled so I might have a 2nd chance @ my 2nd choice . Or could I draw both ?

I put in for the gun hunt @ Yuchi 1st choice . 2nd choice is @ Yuchi muzzleloader different hunt and dates. Now if I'm drawn for my first choice I don't think I could draw my 2nd choice . I'm thinking that woukd take your priority points . I put in like that just in case the 1st choice was filled so I might have a 2nd chance @ my 2nd choice . Or could I draw both ?
I have the answer directly from TWRA quota hunt team

When you select your hunts, you have the opportunity to select whether you want to enter "1" or "2" drawings. 2 is the max.

If you only select 1 drawing, then once you draw your choice you are done.

If you select 2, then once you draw your choice your priority points reset to 0 for the second quota drawing.

Every quota hunt has a "pool" that is made up of every person who put in for that hunt. It then creates a tier list by priority points per hunter and grants the awarded quota permit from the top down, then it's lottery once it gets down to a tier where there are more hunters with the same points than there are permits available.

It is possible to draw 2 hunts in the same year, just low odds because it just means you would have to have been drawn for a hunt with 0 points.

In your case snake, if you don't get selected for the gun hunt, you retain your priority points into the muzzleloader hunt drawing. I think you knew that already.

The only way for you to draw both hunts would be to have selected to enter 2 drawings, get drawn for the gun hunt with priority points, and then have some permits left once everyone with priority points gets selected, and then be lottery selected from everyone else with 0 points for the mzl hunt.

In your case snake, if you don't get selected for the gun hunt, you retain your priority points into the muzzleloader hunt drawing. I think you knew that already.

The only way for you to draw both hunts would be to have selected to enter 2 drawings, get drawn for the gun hunt with priority points, and then have some permits left once everyone with priority points gets selected, and then be lottery selected from everyone else with 0 points for the mzl hunt.
I completely understand. I didn't even intend to draw nor expected to draw two , especially those two needing priority points . I usually just put in for the one but as old as I'm getting just hoping to get one cause my hunting career is certainly dwindling down. I've heard of some drawing two hunts but if you draw one good hunt the other one must be one with plenty of openings .

I have the answer directly from TWRA quota hunt team

When you select your hunts, you have the opportunity to select whether you want to enter "1" or "2" drawings. 2 is the max.

If you only select 1 drawing, then once you draw your choice you are done.

If you select 2, then once you draw your choice your priority points reset to 0 for the second quota drawing.

Every quota hunt has a "pool" that is made up of every person who put in for that hunt. It then creates a tier list by priority points per hunter and grants the awarded quota permit from the top down, then it's lottery once it gets down to a tier where there are more hunters with the same points than there are permits available.

It is possible to draw 2 hunts in the same year, just low odds because it just means you would have to have been drawn for a hunt with 0 points.
But just to confirm if you draw your first choice, but don't draw on the second you don't receive a priority point for not getting drawn?

Steve, I don't see a M/L hunt at Yuchi. All I saw were rifle hunts. Am I wrong?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back