• Help Support TNDeer:

Keeping bass

catman529

Just to stir things up a little [emoji6] they make a good sammich!

14833916e31b310482a1145f949e6ef4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WTM":200y89jd said:
sometimes im pretty slow on the uptake. can someone explain the caption?

He is stretching and flexing up getting ready to fight... then hits the cap lock key to yell.

ie: internet badass :rotf:

Ain't that the truth.

I release about 95% of the fish I catch. But when I take a notion to keep some, I don't care what others think about it. They can whine and moan all they want. If they keep on about it, it usually prompts me to want to go keep more just for spite. Bass are decent fish. I like em.

Crow Terminator":3393aqff said:
Ain't that the truth.

I release about 95% of the fish I catch. But when I take a notion to keep some, I don't care what others think about it. They can whine and moan all they want. If they keep on about it, it usually prompts me to want to go keep more just for spite. Bass are decent fish. I like em.

Same here. I release 99% of the fish I catch. But on the rare occasion I do catch one that's the right size for eating, I'll keep it. Bass is good cooked in foil over some coals with some lemon pepper, a dash of salt, a slice of lemon, and a pat of butter. My ex wife didn't like fish and was skeptical when I cooked it...but she said she liked it!

Crow Terminator":tz1h7v3g said:
Ain't that the truth.

same here. I release almost all my fish cause I don't eat a whole lot of fish. But when I do it's usually a catfish, bass, walleye or crappie. Blackened or deep fried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

While I generally am now a crappie, walleye, and sauger fisherman nowadays, I certainly will eat a bass if it happens to bite. As a matter of fact I cleaned 3 Wednesday that I caught carolina rigging cause crappie fishing was so slow for me. They are delicious! I fish to get good food, not to compete.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who think they have a bigger impact on Mother Nature than they actually do. Absolutely nothing wrong with a keeping some bass to eat. Spotted bass are actually one of my favorites. In a lot of instances keeping some is a sound Management practice.

Lincoln Co Archer":1ppltmgs said:
Unfortunately there are a lot of people who think they have a bigger impact on Mother Nature than they actually do. Absolutely nothing wrong with a keeping some bass to eat. Spotted bass are actually one of my favorites. In a lot of instances keeping some is a sound Management practice.

I love spotted bass too. Unfortunately TWRA wants em out of Norris. Not as many as there used to be. Nothing wrong with keeping a few bass to eat

I manage private lakes in middle Tn. I have to keep hundreds of pounds a year for a healthy balance. 2lb. and under are great anyway you want to cook them! Never tried raw...I like fire too much

I tried largemouth several years ago, out of a small pond, and didn't really care for them.

This year my buddy wanted to try them so I caught a few out of a TWRA lake and cleaned them.
I was actually surprised how good they were.
I assume due to them coming from a larger body of water.

These were in the 1 1/2# range.

RUGER":2pgv8kdy said:
I tried largemouth several years ago, out of a small pond, and didn't really care for them.

This year my buddy wanted to try them so I caught a few out of a TWRA lake and cleaned them.

small ponds tend to get stagnated, even bluegill taste off.

when i was a teenager we ate them all the time out of the old quarry lake and dr blackburns lake. to me they taste about like white bass.

i probably wouldnt eat any out of the tn river because LMB tend to hold higher levels of contaminants more than other fish for some reason.

WTM":205lxmks said:
RUGER":205lxmks said:

small ponds tend to get stagnated, even bluegill taste off.

when i was a teenager we ate them all the time out of the old quarry lake and dr blackburns lake. to me they taste about like white bass.

i probably wouldnt eat any out of the tn river because LMB tend to hold higher levels of contaminants more than other fish for some reason.
Bioaccumulation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back