• Help Support TNDeer:

KY Lake

AllOutdoors

A limit of crappie this afternoon.
72b8c12285b2262d5e2f33b0936299e9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

AllOutdoors":38w8epix said:
cbhunter":38w8epix said:
How deep were the fish (if you don't mind)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They were shallow. 3ft or less.

Thats awesome!! Congrats
Should be getting right here pretty soon if the weather holds steady.

Looks like you caught mostly whites also!

AllOutdoors":2gy5w28c said:
cbhunter":2gy5w28c said:

Good deal man, care to say what area? not your "hole" just a general part of the lake. lol I fish some around J-ville and south,thats why I ask

cbhunter":2o77o4t3 said:
AllOutdoors":2o77o4t3 said:
cbhunter":2o77o4t3 said:

Good deal man, care to say what area? not your "hole" just a general part of the lake. lol I fish some around J-ville and south,thats why I ask
South of I 40 bridge. I caught another limit this afternoon.... shallow.

We own a lakehouse in Blood River up in KY. Have been spider rigging the last 2-3 weekends and catching limits on brush in 8-10 ft of water. Jigs and crappie nibbles have out fished minnows 9 to 1. Its been tough because of the stupid wind. They moved shallow on Sunday and we caught a limit over brush in 3 ft of water. Almost all males and very little to no color change or eggs present. Catching a ton of 9 inch fish and having to wade through them to find the keepers. Some bigger fish showed up on Sunday. They are still 2 weeks away from the spawn even though they are moving shallow, many bigger fish are still being caught in 15' of water. They start raising the water April 1st 1 ft per week until it hits summer pool at May 1st. This coming weekend we'll be out sat and sun again targeting 3 ft of water around submerged brush. Should be great and I expect limits as the wind is supposed to be down and the water should have remained warm.

jard":3go5vrc8 said:
We own a lakehouse in Blood River up in KY. Have been spider rigging the last 2-3 weekends and catching limits on brush in 8-10 ft of water. Jigs and crappie nibbles have out fished minnows 9 to 1. Its been tough because of the stupid wind. They moved shallow on Sunday and we caught a limit over brush in 3 ft of water. Almost all males and very little to no color change or eggs present. Catching a ton of 9 inch fish and having to wade through them to find the keepers. Some bigger fish showed up on Sunday. They are still 2 weeks away from the spawn even though they are moving shallow, many bigger fish are still being caught in 15' of water. They start raising the water April 1st 1 ft per week until it hits summer pool at May 1st. This coming weekend we'll be out sat and sun again targeting 3 ft of water around submerged brush. Should be great and I expect limits as the wind is supposed to be down and the water should have remained warm.

Excellent report, thanks for sharing.
I am off all next week, was planning on turkey hunting this weekend then heading to my place at Britton Ford!! Got a new Ultrex and a new Humminbird I need to get put on the boat and try out!!

the key for us has been brush. I have hundreds of waypoints marked. The people that just drifted or trolled over the flats would catch a few here and there but our key was move waypoint to waypoint and sit directly on top of it. caught very few that were not tight to brush. I love it because its like a freaking video game. Big Sandy should be good this week. There was a big crappie tournament there last week that weighed in some hefty fish, a lot of them still deep. The next 3 weeks will be awesome.

BTW, Whatever humminbird you have I highly suggest the upgrade to the new external AS GPS HS unit. I run 2 networked 999SI and 959DI units. Their internal GPS is fine for bass fishing but is the donut at anything at under .6 mph and is stupid frustrating trying to sit over brush as it cant find you and u blip up 10 ft away. The new external points the boat at all times and pulls straight up.

Latest posts

Back