Lake Weiss info….

redblood

Never fished it but i think we are gonna go in a couple week for a few days to chase crappie. Found a few soots very affordable on the water with a boat dock. Seems well renown for its crappie but also seems shallow? Is it hard to navigate? Apoear to have llots of permanent docks which i like , if i cant find fish on structure. Any input appreciated.

TRHC

Pay attention to your graphs when running. There's lots of humps and high spots that might pose a threat depending on the lake level. There's submerged standing timber to watch out for as well. The main river channel is pretty well marked, and running there is fairly safe. Just don't cut the corners and keep on the lookout for the occasional floater.

Yellow Creek is a local favorite. Lots of docks in all the creeks.

The store called Coosa Corner in Leesburg has plenty of baits and local info. They cook breakfast every morning too.

Last edited:

redblood

Pay attention to your graphs when running. There's lots of humps and high spots that might pose a threat depending on the lake level. There's submerged standing timber to watch out for as well. The main river channel is pretty well marked, and running there is fairly safe. Just don't cut the corners and keep on the lookout for the occasional floater.

Yellow Creek is a local favorite. Lots of docks in all the creeks.

The store called Coosa Corner in Leesburg has plenty of baits and local info. They cook breakfast every morning too.
Thank you for the info. Im a little worried about debris. I replaced a lower unit after hitting a rock after drawdown- and it is a deep lake but has a limestone bottom. I will probably rely heavily on the trolling motor.

TRHC

My boys and I fished several high school tournaments there. Miraculously, I don't remember hearing about anyone having any trouble and there were usually 250+ boats in each event. I have heard its reputation through the years though. Good luck!

Latest posts