• Help Support TNDeer:

LED lighting

Fitchj13

Anyone installed or had some glow lighting installed on your boat? Getting fishing/hunting combo boat soon & debating putting green led's on outside rail and red inside. Looking for ideas and/or references.

I just bought the self adhesive LED strip lights off Amazon... think they were $25 or so for 50 ft. Installed them under the gunnels and bilge area when I was redoing my boat. Easy, and so far they have stuck in place for 1.5 years since install. I want with Amber/gold, as they are supposed to attract fewer bugs.

Pros... makes organizing and readying the boat for launching much easier in the dark. Cons... too bright to leave on while trying to navigate in the dark.

Where I fish the bugs are either insanely horrible with or without lights, or they aren't out and not bothersome. I don't fish all night long tho.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240724_181639_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20240724_181639_Gallery.webp
    73.5 KB · Views: 2
Anyone installed or had some glow lighting installed on your boat? Getting fishing/hunting combo boat soon & debating putting green led's on outside rail and red inside. Looking for ideas and/or references.

Bought (2) 20' green LED strips w/ 3M backing from Amazon & waterproof rocker switch from Amazon (low amp draw so didn't use a relay). Installed on ledge underneath rub rail so basically invisible. Works great, no need for underwater lights. Spent under $30 in total

Attachments

• boat led.webp
    boat led.webp
    258.2 KB · Views: 1
Bought (2) 20' green LED strips w/ 3M backing from Amazon & waterproof rocker switch from Amazon (low amp draw so didn't use a relay). Installed on ledge underneath rub rail so basically invisible. Works great, no need for underwater lights. Spent under $30 in total

are those bright enough to attract bait fish? brand name?

Unless something has changed, red and green lights have specific uses. Red on left (port) and green on right (starboard). Visible 135 degrees on each side. White lights have to be visible 360 degrees.

If you are under way, the ONLY lights that can be on externally are the red and green navigation lights up front only and the all-round white light. Anything else, you are in violation and can be cited.

Latest posts

Back