• Help Support TNDeer:

Life is good and

bigluresonly

Getting better every day!

By the title of this thread I'm betting you can guess who I went fishing with :D

I'm a bit slow on writing this report but I had the great pleasure of going fishing with the Jedi Catfish Master, MR Richard Simms of Scenic City Fishing Charters. As most of you know, Simms is a Tndeer board sponsor and IMHO is the best guide in the State. Anyone who has fished with him would most likely tell you the same thing. If you have ever contemplated booking a trip with him, let me just tell you to go ahead and do it because you will not be disappointed!

OK, enough praise, let me get to the meat and potatoes!

I am fortunate enough to have gotten married to the perfect woman on Oct 10th. I had a hard time deciding on a few things though. My Brother and buddies insisted I have a bachelor party but I wasn't really interested in that. I'm 40 years old and my "party" days of getting boozed up all night are way long behind me. Also I couldn't decide on what gifts to give to my side of the wedding party. Then WHAALAA, it hit me- fishing with Simms would take care of both! So I called up Richard and booked a trip. :tu:

The Wednesday before the wedding my Dad and Uncle drove up from FL, my Brother flew in from Austin and my buddy flew in from Southern CA- we fished all day Thursday. Simms guides full time now and his partner happened to be off from his normal job that week so they were able to accommodate 5 people for a 6:30am Thursday morning fishing bachelor party. We had a completely awesome trip, everyone had a blast and I got to spend an entire day with some of the most important people in my life doing what we all love!

I think the pics tell the story so my actual fishing report is simple- The weather that day was perfect. We launched at first light and within 5 minutes we were catching Bream for live bait. It's a blast catching them on ultra light gear- one after the other. We probably had 30 or so within 20 minutes. The rest of the day we alternated between drifting fresh chicken breast and anchoring up on some deep holes with the Bream looking for the big Cats. We caught so many fish I lost count early on. Little fish, big fish, double hookups and multiple triple hookups!

Since this was my bachelor party I had to dress up in my best suit!
bp20_zpss8dkzu72.jpg

My Dad
bp10_zpsoqvgtbjk.jpg

My Uncle
bp9_zpskmg0wbla.jpg

My Brother
bp2_zpsaraet8k8.jpg

My buddy Ryan
bp18_zpsvcgdru2e.jpg

My Brother, Uncle and Dad. I love my brothers shirt!
bp5_zpsy7sgoz9q.jpg

One of the triple hookups we had
bp15_zpsaekmberm.jpg

Me and my buddy
bp19_zpsygtiniv2.jpg

My brother won the big fish pool with this trophy!
bp17_zpsc3vuxcev.jpg

As you can tell it was a great day. We were straight up worn out by the end of the day. After the fishing was done we all enjoyed a nice river front dinner at the Boat House restaurant. Good times!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are far too gracious Chad. It was an honor for me and Sam to host your Bachelor Party. We have cooperative catfish to thank for the good time. I'm just glad you got married then, versus now <Eek>! I hope all is well in the world of marital bliss. :tu:

My son and I have fished with Sam twice now, and I must say that I'm quite envious of the fishery they have at their doorsteps. Those guys spend some serious time learning the tricks of the trade, and it pays off to go along with them for the ride!

Latest posts

Back