• Help Support TNDeer:

Food Plots Local co op mix

Rammer Jammer

My local co op has this mix. What do y'all think? $75 to plant 1 acre. I'm considering planting this and an acre of cereal rye right beside it to see which gets used more. This is strictly a kill plot. The field I'm planting gets rotated annually between beans and corn.

Attachments

• IMG_3765.webp
    IMG_3765.webp
    62.2 KB · Views: 1
Gonna have to have 6.0+ ph for the Landino clover, alfalfa & chicory to do anything. Deer not gonna eat the sun hemp as it's just a cover crop.

Other stuff is okay but how are you going to plant it? Wheat, oats & triticale all need some dirt on top of them, while all the small seed only need 1/4" . Also, I'd want to know the percentage of each seed.That looks more like a list of seed instead a mixture 🤷🏻

Gonna have to have 6.0+ ph for the Landino clover, alfalfa & chicory to do anything. Deer not gonna eat the sun hemp as it's just a cover crop.

Other stuff is okay but how are you going to plant it? Wheat, oats & triticale all need some dirt on top of them, while all the small seed only need 1/4" . Also, I'd want to know the percentage of each seed.That looks more like a list of seed instead a mixture 🤷🏻
No till drill

O bought some similar miz after the season for a few years back for virtaylly nothing. Planted the next yr. It did ok , but as mentioned, their is no method that can accommodate the needs of all those different seed types and sizes. The wheat and oats came up. I saw a few turnips but they were out competed by the wheat

My local co op has this mix. What do y'all think? $75 to plant 1 acre. I'm considering planting this and an acre of cereal rye right beside it to see which gets used more. This is strictly a kill plot. The field I'm planting gets rotated annually between beans and corn.
I love blends...but I believe you can buy the wheat, oat, turnips and save some money per acre...and you could add some crimson clover too...build you own blend.

I'm trying Adam's briscoe this year. Fall perennial blend and another small spot with purple top turnips. Planted this past Friday. Good sprouts today. if they will just continue to get some rain

I'm trying Adam's briscoe this year. Fall perennial blend and another small spot with purple top turnips. Planted this past Friday. Good sprouts today. if they will just continue to get some rain
I used to buy all my seed from Adams Briscoe, mainly because they carried seed nobody else did. But then our local Co-ops started to cater more to food plotters and increasing the variety of what they carried.

Latest posts

Back