lol, between the flooding

Speedwell-Hunter

Ageed but there aren't many places on most, if not all lakes in Tennessee that are big enough for them. Those wake boats create wakes that are dangerous for most everyone and every boat but them, and I include the gigantic cruisers that running around on lakes, even on Priest. The wakes never get smaller, they wreak havoc not only on docks but the shoreline also. The wakes created by them can create issues hundreds of yards away from the boat that create them. Yes they should be illegal on all but the largest of lakes and then they should be limited to certain areas.

Also, there is a law that each boat is responsible for its wake and any damage it creates. If this was enforced, as it should be, I bet there would be fewer wake boats on many lakes.
The phenomena of wake boats started in about 2004-2006 and only has exploded, lakes must adapt in rules as to when to let them run, I say you let them run on sat and sundays ONLY. regulate them due to the big time waves the make.

Speedwell-Hunter

yall sound like a bunch of liberals crying for more gov't overreach lol!!
Govt over reach is more in your life than you think, there is good and bad over reach. banning guns, stupid. telling people not to ruin lakes etc with their wake board motors, smart.

yall need to understand both sides. their is a medium.

Gravey

The phenomena of wake boats started in about 2004-2006 and only has exploded, lakes must adapt in rules as to when to let them run, I say you let them run on sat and sundays ONLY. regulate them due to the big time waves the make.
Most of the time that would be fine by me but what about those who work weekends and are off during the week? The lake is for all kinds of activities not just fishing and people need to respect each other and learn to coexist on the water.

Tennessee280

Most of the time that would be fine by me but what about those who work weekends and are off during the week? The lake is for all kinds of activities not just fishing and people need to respect each other and learn to coexist on the water.
Yup, imagine the outcry if they tried to tell you that you could only fish on saturday and sunday lol

WTM

Yup, imagine the outcry if they tried to tell you that you could only fish on saturday and sunday lol
the only problem i have is most of the stunts i see and have to deal with is plain stupidity or ignorance.

ill give a couple examples. the ramp at eva is right next to a creek channel. speed boat comes through their ripping about 50 mph with 8 people on it. three on the front with their legs dangling off and three at the stern laying on the deck. thank God TWRA was putting in and chased them down after almost hitting someone putting in.

pontoon boaters way back in the bay in 4ft of water pulling kids on an inner tube not even know all of the stake beds beneath them. they think all of ky lake is 50ft deep. and usually its those kind of boaters you hear about in the summer getting killed.

i dont even try perryville on the river anymore. you can make it down that stretch because of all the wake.

then you have some idiot duck hunters, i used to be one, but we never had blinds in the mouth of the creek much less shoot at imaginary ducks while trying to get out on the main lake. fyi, around here, thats a dang good way to either get shot or get your blind burned down.

all im saying is have some sense and leave the beer at home and at least have someone teach you the rules of the road on the water.

bigquacks

No problem coexisting, however when i am in a cove over 100 yards away and a wake boat comes past and the waves throw my adult son off the front and tosses my adult daughter out of her seat it becomes a problem. not pointing fingers at you as i believe you have the right idea about staying in the main parts of the lake, however many other dont share your thought process.

Gravey

No problem coexisting, however when i am in a cove over 100 yards away and a wake boat comes past and the waves throw my adult son off the front and tosses my adult daughter out of her seat it becomes a problem. not pointing fingers at you as i believe you have the right idea about staying in the main parts of the lake, however many other dont share your thought process.
Believe me I get it as we've been rocked by them too. Some try to see who can get the biggest wake for appearance. We just want enough to get the push to surf. In all honesty we surf very little as my wife is a slalom skier so we can do both on our boat. Most of the time if we do it we do so early before everybody and their mother gets on the water and then anchor down and watch the show.

Latest posts