• Help Support TNDeer:

lol was looking at some garmin patents this morning

WTM

and came across this. i remember telling blueballs i was waiting for a 3d livescope that tracks schools of fish and he said it wouldnt work on ky lake because of the carp. wonder how long before we see this. humminbird already accomplished partly with target lock.

cant wait to see randy blaukat to absolutely explode when they do release it.

"Various techniques are described herein for pro viding three - dimensional functionality to frequency steered sonar array systems . Three dimensional sonar is beneficial in several ways : better awareness of structures and their true shape ; ability to track a target such as a fish or a lurei.e . turn the transducer with full knowledge of which direction the target is travelling . The three dimensional techniques described herein may be utilized in combination with computer vision to automatically identify underwater targets to
pan one or more transducer mounts and / or control a trolling motor to properly position the sonar .
Targets may be tracked and pursued and records of every cast and retrieval may be made automatically to make records of , and / or alert the fisherman of significant events such as fish pursued lure and / or fish struck lure . Additionally structure may be identified and tracked to hold position on the structuree.g . , control the sonar system to continue to insonify the structure and its surrounding areas despite movement of the system . Such functionality improves sonar performance for the fisherman he or she is able to continuously image an underwater target without manually tinkering with the orientation of the trolling motor and / or sonar transducer."

Last edited:
Fishing is a bit different than hunting, but I have to ask; When is it too much tech and when is it no longer fishing, just catching? They limit many things in deer hunting, caliber, electronics, calls, scents etc., some for other reasons but many are to preserve fair chase, so how long until they do the same for fishing?

and came across this. i remember telling blueballs i was waiting for a 3d livescope that tracks schools of fish and he said it wouldnt work on ky lake because of the carp. wonder how long before we see this. humminbird already accomplished partly with target lock.

cant wait to see randy blaukat to absolutely explode when they do release it.

"Various techniques are described herein for pro viding three - dimensional functionality to frequency steered sonar array systems . Three dimensional sonar is beneficial in several ways : better awareness of structures and their true shape ; ability to track a target such as a fish or a lurei.e . turn the transducer with full knowledge of which direction the target is travelling . The three dimensional techniques described herein may be utilized in combination with computer vision to automatically identify underwater targets to
pan one or more transducer mounts and / or control a trolling motor to properly position the sonar .
Targets may be tracked and pursued and records of every cast and retrieval may be made automatically to make records of , and / or alert the fisherman of significant events such as fish pursued lure and / or fish struck lure . Additionally structure may be identified and tracked to hold position on the structuree.g . , control the sonar system to continue to insonify the structure and its surrounding areas despite movement of the system . Such functionality improves sonar performance for the fisherman he or she is able to continuously image an underwater target without manually tinkering with the orientation of the trolling motor and / or sonar transducer."
I dont think i said it wouldnt work,it may,i dunno🤣🤣lots of guys that have practiced with livescope can do it themselves🤣🤣when that crappie you are chasing hunkers under the belly of a carp for a bit and then breaks back off by himself i wonder what the computer will do in that situation.I have saw it several times,think they have a long ways to go but no impossible🤣🤣🤣

Fishing is a bit different than hunting, but I have to ask; When is it too much tech and when is it no longer fishing, just catching? They limit many things in deer hunting, caliber, electronics, calls, scents etc., some for other reasons but many are to preserve fair chase, so how long until they do the same for fishing?
it becomes catching when every fish in the lake eats what you throw at it. the tech only does so much. kind of like seeing a big brown trout in a clear water stream and still not being able to catch it. id say for most folks, its more frustrating seeing fish live and still not being able to catch them as opposed to just reading cover and structure maps and not getting bit.

still, the end result is still about catching.

I have seen bream swim up and ignore live crickets and red worms before.

I am amazed at how many crappie come up and look at your jig or lure and swim away.

You can find them but it is very hard to make them bite sometimes.

I dont think i said it wouldnt work,it may,i dunno🤣🤣lots of guys that have practiced with livescope can do it themselves🤣🤣when that crappie you are chasing hunkers under the belly of a carp for a bit and then breaks back off by himself i wonder what the computer will do in that situation.I have saw it several times,think they have a long ways to go but no impossible🤣🤣🤣
🤣🤣i think you might have said livescope wouldnt work on ky lake either, because of the carp. but that was back in 2020.🤣🤣

lol, just messing with you.

like i said then, i think it would be pretty easy just lock on to a target and the rest would be noise rejected.

🤣🤣i think you might have said livescope wouldnt work on ky lake either, because of the carp. but that was back in 2020.🤣🤣

like i said then, i think it would be pretty easy just lock on to a target and the rest would be noise rejected.
It wont work on kylake,i said that forsure🤣🤣🤣wi work on all others great though🤣🤣🤣

What if while your were chasing the gish and a big one came into the scrern and it noiised rejected it🤣🤣🤣that would be my luck🤣🤣🤣

all i seem to catch is bigger fish but not a lot of big numbers like my hero headhunter.
Wellll,you know i had the biggest crappie in the american crappie trail tourny i fished a few yrs ago,thats why they call me big fish bates🤣🤣🤣🤣you may need a new hero🤣🤣🤣

Latest posts

Back