• Help Support TNDeer:

WTB Looking for a 1st car for a 16 Y/O

Wanted to Buy

Copes

My wife and I are starting to look for a car for our daughter who turned 16. We are looking in the 3k-4k range . Toyota Camry ect. Something dependable. Figure i would start my search here before i start on the dreaded facebook market place. Thanks in advance for any help or leads

My wife and I are starting to look for a car for our daughter who turned 16. We are looking in the 3k-4k range . Toyota Camry ect. Something dependable. Figure i would start my search here before i start on the dreaded facebook market place. Thanks in advance for any help or leads
I think you're on the right track
I can confirm a mid 2000s Toyota Camry if it had any kind of service is dead nuts reliable easy to find parts for and so on
That's actually probably your best choice

Over the last few weeks of searching mostly of FB Marketplace I was coming up with a bunch of Camry's in Murfreesboro. I have no idea why that particular element is in play but there were a lot in the $4K to $6K range and usually lower mileage than I could find down here.
company cars maybe?

Mid 70s LTD with a 460. She'll be safe as being in an Abrams tank and she won't be able to afford get far from home.
You know, I was thinking the same thing. I hate small cars and won't let my wife drive one. And I vehemently protest when one of my kids or grandkids think they want one.

96' Tahoe….. dang things had a guardrail in the door!
Have a 2003 Tahoe. At one time I bought a 1996 Isuzu Trooper, a full size SUV for sure, that was a tank.
Coming out of Dalhart Texas at about 70MPH, caught a glimpse of a deer coming out of the tree line. No time to stop, it was running straight towards me, BAM! After I hit it, stopped to access the damage. Some body damage, only found half of the deer. Noticed a vibration, part of blade of the fan blade(plastic) was missing. Was still able to drive to Amarillo Texas and then back to Colorado, where I did take to body shop. 👍

Mid 70s LTD with a 460. She'll be safe as being in an Abrams tank and she won't be able to afford get far from home.
My mom had a Lincoln with a 460. Flip up headlight covers - TANK! Had 9 ppl in that car once - don't remember being uncomfortable lol. Had a buddy who called it a boat - was more like a barge!

Latest posts

Back