• Help Support TNDeer:

Low profile optic options for close range lever guns

If it is for a .45-70 a fixed 2.5x20 or 1-4x20 is plenty.

For .30-30 or .35 Remington 1-4x20 up to 2x7x33.

Leupold FX for the fixed power and their VX-Freedom line are all good. They tend to have the lightest weight and shortest length and best eye relief vs their competition. And good glass. All for about $300.

If it is for a .45-70 a fixed 2.5x20 or 1-4x20 is plenty.

For .30-30 or .35 Remington 1-4x20 up to 2x7x33.

Leupold FX for the fixed power and their VX-Freedom line are all good. They tend to have the lightest weight and shortest length and best eye relief vs their competition. And good glass. All for about $300.
This !

Vortex Crossfire II 1x4x24 with adjustable red dot

Game Reaper mounts

Good luck
1719888520721.jpeg

A 1-4x scope and a lever gun are a perfect match. Like cocaine and waffles.
That's good to hear! I found a decent deal on Hi-Lux Leatherwood 1-4x and feel like it should fit the bill. I got a couple and if I don't use them both on lever guns, I may stick one on an SKS I have. I found a rail that's supposed to work a lot better than most mounts that are available for them. Thanks for the advice

That should work nicely. I actually just put a 3-9x40 Diamondback on a 336 35 rem, just because I had it laying around. Much prefer a smaller scope on lever guns like my other Marlin 35 with a 1.75-5 Diamondback.

That's good to hear! I found a decent deal on Hi-Lux Leatherwood 1-4x and feel like it should fit the bill. I got a couple and if I don't use them both on lever guns, I may stick one on an SKS I have. I found a rail that's supposed to work a lot better than most mounts that are available for them. Thanks for the advice
This is how my Leatherwood 1-4x ended up. Would not recommend.
616817_831528079428_139377027_o.jpg

I'm late to the party, but I did the Leupold 1.5-5 as well on my Marlin 30-30. The illuminated dot is real nice!
Ive got two of the Leupold red dots myself and going back I doubt I would buy them again. Unless I was buying them with intentions of Boar or Bear hunting.

Ive found deer hunting they tend to not work all that great against light colored hides and you wind up fiddling with them more than you do anything.

Add to it Leupold only warranties the Electronics for 5 years. So you have limited shelf life on the Electronic Portion of the scope. So you may be paying extra for something you are going to get very little service if any out of.

But If I was going to be doing a lot or boar hunting or bear hunting it would be a must have.

Latest posts

Back