• Help Support TNDeer:

Maple creek lake in Carroll co.

I used to fish it regularly. Great little lake and not hard catching fish. If you use a little hair jig tipped with a wax worm or maggot on an ultralight fished like a fly rod 1.5 ft under a thill float, you will catch a mixed bag of bluegill, shell cracker, crappie, bass and catfish. Start to the left of the ramp and work your way around and across the levee. Most of the best fishing is on the deep end of the lake. Mostly it's a bluegill lake with plenty in the 12 oz size.

fairchaser":1rxdt6ky said:
I used to fish it regularly. Great little lake and not hard catching fish. If you use a little hair jig tipped with a wax worm or maggot on an ultralight fished like a fly rod 1.5 ft under a thill float, you will catch a mixed bag of bluegill, shell cracker, crappie, bass and catfish. Start to the left of the ramp and work your way around and across the levee. Most of the best fishing is on the deep end of the lake. Mostly it's a bluegill lake with plenty in the 12 oz size.
Are there any special permits required to fish there?
I remember we had a tndeer thing there and it seems like one of them required something.
I might hit it up Saturday.
Very pretty there.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

RUGER":2jpt2d5d said:
fairchaser":2jpt2d5d said:
I remember we had a tndeer thing there and it seems like one of them required something.
Very pretty there.

If you have a sportsmans license nothing else is required. Make sure your boat has the necessary registrations and pfds etc. the wardens occasionally will check. If you only have a fishing license, then you must fill out an envelope at the shed next to the ramp and pay the lake permit fee posted. Make sure you have whatever bait and refreshments since they have nothing available.

fairchaser":1q115bpl said:
RUGER":1q115bpl said:
fairchaser":1q115bpl said:
Very pretty there.

If you have a sportsmans license nothing else is required. Make sure your boat has the necessary registrations and pfds etc. the wardens occasionally will check. If you only have a fishing license, then you must fill out an envelope at the shed next to the ramp and pay the lake permit fee posted. Make sure you have whatever bait and refreshments since they have nothing available.

Thanks man.
I guess I have been overruled on going though. My son wants to go to the 1,000 acre lake and fish for bass. :)

Thanks man.
I guess I have been overruled on going though. My son wants to go to the 1,000 acre lake and fish for bass. :)[/quote]
Good luck out there. I live 5 miles from the lake and still have not been on the lake in a boat. I do bass fish the banks a few times a year though and usually catch 10-15 small ones.

cbhunter":fcknfivq said:
Good luck out there. I live 5 miles from the lake and still have not been on the lake in a boat. I do bass fish the banks a few times a year though and usually catch 10-15 small ones.

We usually go several times a year.
I have had a couple VERY good bream / shellcracker trips there.

I don't know if I am that bad at bass fishing or what but I hear of all these guys catching in the hundreds of bass and all these really big ones but I normally catch in the 10-15 range myself and none of them over 2 pounds with the majority of them being 1 pound or a bit less.

Granted when it is time to fish the ledges for them or any "open water" we don't do it.
My son said, and I quote, "I would rather beat the bank and not catch anything than fish open water or ledges" :)

RUGER":2qjrs6ko said:
cbhunter":2qjrs6ko said:

We usually go several times a year.
I have had a couple VERY good bream / shellcracker trips there.

I don't know if I am that bad at bass fishing or what but I hear of all these guys catching in the hundreds of bass and all these really big ones but I normally catch in the 10-15 range myself and none of them over 2 pounds with the majority of them being 1 pound or a bit less.

Granted when it is time to fish the ledges for them or any "open water" we don't do it.
My son said, and I quote, "I would rather beat the bank and not catch anything than fish open water or ledges" :)
I'm with you on the .75 to 1.75 pounders.........that covers 99.3% of all bass that I catch. I am mostly a bank fisher though. when I get out in a boat I am lost and usually catch 2-5 bass. lol Just what I am used to I guess. Maybe one of these days I will own a descent boat with good electronics and actually learn how to use them :D

Latest posts

Back