mr.bigs new precision rifle

mr.big

sent my 6.5 switch barrel off and had it dedicated to a Rem 700 PSS action rechambered to the 6.5x47L 8 twist and put in the AICS 1.5 with 5&10 round AI mags,,had mzl turned to .750 so I can mount the High Power type sights,,hope to be banging steel at 600& 1000 with the PNW match sights and the 4.5-14 LR/T M1 will make do for hostage situations,,LOL

cant wait to try the gong at 1,000 with the sights,,FUN FUN

mr.big

I have shot a lot of smallbore with aperture sights,,an 18 inch gong at 300 yards from prone and sitting is very doable when you get a read on wind and a few days ago I was makin steady contact from standing,,,hopefully I will get the front sight base first of the week and get to try it out,,

the sights are supposed to be 1/4 moa clix depending on sight radius,,when I get exact numbers on how many clix it takes to move zero for 10 and 20 inches at 100 yards I really believe the gong at 600 will be a chip shot and my goal is hitting the 36 inch gong at 1025 ,,

mr.big

tnyotehunter1":fx0k89dx said:
Sir;I would rather have your precision rifle than rugers

it will be hard for the forged chrome barrel to run with the Bartlien HV 5R in long strings when the barrel will heat up,,not sure if the Ruger will take a Jewell trigger either but the Ruger for 1200$$ will be hard to beat for the money if it shoots as advertised ..

Latest posts