Need Advise

Young Buck

I've only owned two,but I've shot and hunted with a lot of guys with just about every kind.T/C without a doubt.Encore in my opinion and barnes bullets.

Justin B

Although most people on here will recommend Knights and TCs, I like the ease of use, accuracy and price of my CVA Kodiak pro. For less than the price of a base model in either forementioned brand I got a nickel barrel and camo stock. While the TCs and Knights are nice I doubt that they shoot $300-500 better than a CVA. But choose what you want you wont go wrong with any and I doubt very many deer ever escaped death because the gun wasnt accurate enough.

skynimrod

I myself can't justify spending 1000 greenbacks for a good MZ and optics, with a state that u can hunt with several diff type weapons, and the way MZ rifles keep pushing the threshold
But that's just me
about 1/2 that is about what I want to splurge for a smoke pole

Marlin308

I bought a Traditions LT Pursuit last year from WalMart, I believe for around $200. Thats nickel finish with camo stock. Put a cheap scope on it and it drives tacks at 100 yds. with Hornady SST bullets. Very lightweight and easy to clean.

Also like the CVA's, which are also real reasonable. Just can't justify spending a whole bunch of money for two weeks out of the year.

I did pick up a buddy's T/C Pro Hunter last year though and fell in love with it. If money isn't an issue, I would get one of those. That gun was the best balanced weapon I have ever handled, and fit perfectly in terms of grip, etc. Also, I've heard the Remingtons are a little on the heavy side. Good luck.

CHRIS WILSON

I picked up a new Knight KRB a few months back for just under $300, shipped. I hunted with a CVA optima for a few seasons and it was a very servicable rifle, but the overall quality doesn't compare to a Knight or a TC. If money is tight though, I wouldn't feel ill equipped after buying another CVA optima.

megalomaniac

Dude, you should have asked me to pick you up a brand new encore pro hunter 2 weeks ago. I got a couple of camo ones for $532 tax included, the black ones were around $480 with tax.

I shot mine yesterday. First 3 shot group at 100 yards with loose 777 under 300gr SST's gave me 1 1/4" group.

megalomaniac

Oh, and I put a burris fullfield II 3-9 with the ballistic plex reticle on it that I picked up used but in like new condition for $130. I love that ballistic plex reticle. Drops work out perfectly on the hash marks for sight in at 100, next hash 125, next 150, then bottom at 200.

Latest posts