• Help Support TNDeer:

New deer regs are posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
scn said:
RAFI said:
ok thanks im very surprised to know that the twra guide has rules wrong and tells us that.wow i thought we if we had ? that was where to look.I cant tell you how messed up that is.Thats for the info scn.none of us should trust the hunting guide
we never know if its true or not.wow

It doesn't say that it has anything wrong. It says it is not a legal document. Sorry that is so hard to understand.

me also since your one of the most.i just asked a ?and thought since you worked with twra you would answer and you did.Thanks

For some reason my patience in dealing with smart azzes is wearing thin these days. I think I will take advantage of the ignore feature at this point.

scn said:
RAFI said:
ok thanks im very surprised to know that the twra guide has rules wrong and tells us that.wow i thought we if we had ? that was where to look.I cant tell you how messed up that is.Thats for the info scn.none of us should trust the hunting guide

It doesn't say that it has anything wrong. It says it is not a legal document. Sorry that is so hard to understand.

For some reason my patience in dealing with smart azzes is wearing thin these days. I think I will take advantage of the ignore feature at this point.

sorry you think im a smart azz ignore me but your with twra and i think its lol that they make a rule book guide and say its not offical.you talk to guys on here very rude at times scn but so do i so i didn't take what you said to heart but ignore me if you want to.

Andy S. said:
RAFI said:
the twra guide has rules wrong
If you will, please list all of the contradictions between the Guide & Proclamation. I'd like to know them and I'm sure TWRA would as well.

did you not see the 3 in antlers and 3 in antler part of the thread?

didnt mean to battle twra just wanted an answer on the 3 inch buck rule in before RAFI ban lol

I agree with RAFI. The hunting guide should be a trusted source of information to TN hunters. If it's not a trusted source of information then it's just more wasteful beaureaucratic government garbage no more useful than toilet paper.

Vermin93 said:
I agree with RAFI. The hunting guide should be a trusted source of information to TN hunters. If it's not a trusted source of information then it's just more wasteful beaureaucratic government garbage no more useful than toilet paper.

Go up through my posts and show one place where I said the hunting guide wasn't a good source of information and that hunters shouldn't use the Guide for information. I simply posted that it is a summary of regulations and is not a legal document.

TWRA works hard to make sure that the Hunting Guide is correct. I spent a full day recently with several others going through a second draft to work towards that goal. The only way to have it 100% is to print every statute, Proclamation, and Rule and Regulation verbatim. The resulting document would be hundred of pages long and past our ability to pay for the printing. That is why all of those regulations are available on our website and posted at the county court house.

Occasionally there is a mistake in the Guide. But, that doesn't mean that LEGALLY the Guide can supercede the actual statutes or Proclamations. Practially it usually means if we make a mistake in the Guide we live with the mistake.

Carry on while I add you to my ignore list.

why do you get so mad scn?not sure if you can read this since i might be you list now.I didnt think i was rude i was just amazed that the guide book wasnt totally right bc so many of us keep a copy of it around and most dont have a computer in hunting camp to see the regs

With all due respect, the fact that the hunting guide didn't have an accurate definition of a legal buck is really hard to believe. A simple cut and paste from the regs would have done the trick. I'm glad this thread was started and that this exchange took place because now I know what a legal buck is in TN (At least I think I do. It's still not 100% clear whether one or both antlers have to be 3" long). Hopefully the hunting guide will be correct this year so that all TN hunters who pick up a license and hunting guide from WalMart or some other place will know what a legal buck is. I would bet most of them will never download the regs from the website or drive down to the county courthouse on a work day to read them. They will open their trusty hunting guide and expect the season dates, bag limits, and definition of a legal buck to be correct!

Legal Bucks: Deer must have at least one antler measuring a minimum of three (3) inches in length on buck-only or antlered only hunts.

Antlerless Deer: Defined as those deer with no antlers or deer with both antlers less than three (3) inches in length.

Note: The statewide antlered buck limit is three (3). Antlered deer must have antlers a minimum of three
inches (3") in length on buck only or antlered only hunts. Antlerless deer are defined as deer with no antlers
or deer with antlers less than three inches (3") in length.

RAFI said:
Yes I did. That ONE contradiction is not very compelling in my eyes, and definitely not deserving enough to conclude the H&T Guide is useless and not trustworthy. Your statement was bold enough that there must be more examples. The single simple misprint (3" antler vs 3" antlers) is not something that I think will land you in a court room in front of a judge. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

I think it would be a bad day for Steve be writing you a ticket. When he puts you on his ignore list, he also adds you to another list :)

Many years ago my uncle told me that some people just can't "...unnerstand a daim thang."

That 3" might land some i front of a judge if Steve catches you. He needs to spend a little time fishing :)

richmanbarbeque said:
Thanks for all you do, SCN. I understand what you
are talking about and use the Hunting guide as a great resource.

Let me also add that SCN is a stand up guy and is a fine example of a model TWRA employee.

Beekeeper said:
When will the new guides be available?
In the past, the online PDF versions were available late July and hard copies available in stores and such mid August. Again, this was in the past, this year may be different.

richmanbarbeque said:
richmanbarbeque said:
Thanks for all you do, SCN. I understand what you
are talking about and use the Hunting guide as a great resource.

Let me also add that SCN is a stand up guy and is a fine example of a model TWRA employee.

X2

scn said:
RAFI said:

Sorry SCN my friend,I would not have bothered posting anything if I had known it would turn into a once again LEO bashing of sorts..Seems like you can not please anybody these days..Thats why I have about quit posting on TnDeer,seems like you have as well.. I sure wish Ruger and other Mods would weed out the trouble making Riff Raf..or those who just watch for posts to fluffy kitten about,sure would be a better forum..
I just hate to post any informative posts any more for fear of them being deleted or locked ..............

JCDEERMAN said:
Did anyone notice that the deer season is extended to the first full weekend in January? That means January 5th and 6th are back to then ending weekend of rifle season. I am SO truly thankfull for that!!!!!!

Thank you :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

x10! WoooooHooooo! Now I can take an extra vacation day the first week of the year! :D

Andy S. said:
RAFI said:
Yes I did. That ONE contradiction is not very compelling in my eyes, and definitely not deserving enough to conclude the H&T Guide is useless and not trustworthy. Your statement was bold enough that there must be more examples. The single simple misprint (3" antler vs 3" antlers) is not something that I think will land you in a court room in front of a judge. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

So a legal buck is both antlers longer than 3" - correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back