• Help Support TNDeer:

New Mexico elk

It has been a grind so far a week in. I missed possibly the best elk shot you could ask for on Tuesday. Did not get a second range only a tree at 52 behind where some cows were being by a good bull. They were headed to cross a saddle. He looked just over halfway across the saddle, normally Iam good with this. 41 yards to where his tracks were. Held 30. Just under and in the dirt. Was a solid 335/340 bull also to make it worse. Some action yesterday but wind was wrong and I could not get around and caught up in time to their beds.

Still here, still pretty quiet but better than being at work !! 8 days in now. A couple bugles here and there but not really feeling it yet.
IMG_4401.webp

Did not get one in NM but I did get a bull in NV. Spent 9 days total in a wilderness area with my cousin and a buddy backpacked in 6 miles. Snowed on us two of the days, we were hunting right at 10k feet. Killed the bull 8 miles from the truck, it was below freezing in the mornings so meat was fine. Took two days to get it to the truck including the cape, not sure why I hauled that out but he had a really nice cape for a shoulder mount. Absolutely incredible experience and the hardest hunt of my life by far. Lost 18 pounds since leaving Sept 2, that should say a lot.
IMG_4667.webp
IMG_4650.webp
IMG_4623.webp
IMG_4568.webp
IMG_4559.webp
IMG_4548.webp
IMG_4461.webp

Nothing better than being in the high country. 8 miles to tote an elk on your back to the truck…..ol bull got the last laugh😉

Latest posts

Back