• Help Support TNDeer:

New personal best!

Daniel n

I caught my new personal best on Chickamauga this morning. 9lb 6oz largemouth!
998551b13181c2413c571f5f3133ce98.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TRIGGER":2wnkufsg said:
What a hoss!! Congratulations. Tell us the story!

Thanks everyone. We just happened to be at the right spot this morning. Chickamauga is full of grass right now and it's kind of tough for me this time of the year. I don't have the electronics to fish some of the ledges so I usually struggle until the grass gets topped out and can frog fish or punch. But yesterday we had current for the first time in a year(it seems that way anyways) and seemed like it didn't matter what we threw we caught fish on most everything. I caught a 12 inch largemouth on topwater first thing. Then my buddy picked up a few on a crankbait. There was a break in the grass on a rip rap bank with some big boulders around it. I picked up a shakey head and made the first cast. I felt a small thump and set the hook. I thought I had set in to a stump or something and then it took off. It felt solid and I said grab the net. It came up and I about had a hard attack. It pulled drag several times and then when i finally got it close,my buddy missed it with the net and it pulled drag again. I got it back up and he got it this time. We turned on the livewell right away because we didn't want the fish to die. After calming down and some high fives we pulled it out for measurements, weight, and a few pictures so i can have a replica made. This was one of our best days on the water we've ever had. Our best 5 would have been pushing 30 pounds.

Daniel n":3neua3po said:
TRIGGER":3neua3po said:
What a hoss!! Congratulations. Tell us the story!

Thanks everyone. We just happened to be at the right spot this morning. Chickamauga is full of grass right now and it's kind of tough for me this time of the year. I don't have the electronics to fish some of the ledges so I usually struggle until the grass gets topped out and can frog fish or punch. But yesterday we had current for the first time in a year(it seems that way anyways) and seemed like it didn't matter what we threw we caught fish on most everything. I caught a 12 inch largemouth on topwater first thing. Then my buddy picked up a few on a crankbait. There was a break in the grass on a rip rap bank with some big boulders around it. I picked up a shakey head and made the first cast. I felt a small thump and set the hook. I thought I had set in to a stump or something and then it took off. It felt solid and I said grab the net. It came up and I about had a hard attack. It pulled drag several times and then when i finally got it close,my buddy missed it with the net and it pulled drag again. I got it back up and he got it this time. We turned on the livewell right away because we didn't want the fish to die. After calming down and some high fives we pulled it out for measurements, weight, and a few pictures so i can have a replica made. This was one of our best days on the water we've ever had. Our best 5 would have been pushing 30 pounds.

Oh man when you miss them with the net and they dive straight down under the boat is a tense situation and has turned out not so well for many of fisherman. Thanks for the story.

Back