No kayaks, jet skis or wake boats!

CATCHDAWG

Spent a little time at 3800ft. 95* in the valley, 80* in the mountains. Only intrusion was a polite rattlesnake who nicely asked us to go around.
BFE7B0CA-C753-4524-BE8B-4101AF3259D4.jpeg
406D9F32-EEC1-4CFF-8442-D408846B14BE.jpeg
06E5DF2B-0EC5-4129-8ACD-6359C4206A61.jpeg
5AB552FB-8FDF-4026-9F48-A2AD65B1CC9A.jpeg
D7BF7388-99AC-4712-8862-6ECE8081DD58.jpeg

CATCHDAWG

Those fish are fairly small. I'm assuming you cook them whole?
Although it is highly frowned upon in the wild trout fly fishing world, occasionally we will cook a couple stream side and yes, whole other than being gutted. And… it's the best trout you've ever had! But that's a rare occasion and depends on stream population. Usually just turn them back. Can't bring them out or they would be rotten before you got back to the truck. Not to mention I ain't gonna tote them that far anyway.

CATCHDAWG

Beautiful scenery, but seems like a long way to go to catch bait?

:)
If I wanted to catch big trout, I'd go to stocked water where they've been fed dog food and chunked out of the truck a few days prior. It's all about the experience and seeing places that few people are willing or able to go see. The fish are born in the stream and wild as they can be. Some streams will have larger fish than others but for the most part, wild trout just don't get very big. I'll take a 10" wild over a 6lb bass any day of the week! 🙂

redblood

If I wanted to catch big trout, I'd go to stocked water where they've been fed dog food and chunked out of the truck a few days prior. It's all about the experience and seeing places that few people are willing or able to go see. The fish are born in the stream and wild as they can be. Some streams will have larger fish than others but for the most part, wild trout just don't get very big. I'll take a 10" wild over a 6lb bass any day of the
Beautiful fish. I agree. I mve have never seen the attraction to large mouth/ but i do love stream smallies on ultra light tackle.

WTM

wish i could do it but id need an airlift out probably. in my youth i was a rock climber but now with degenerative disk disease and arthritis its a chore to get out of bed.

always enjoy the pics man.

Iglow

If I wanted to catch big trout, I'd go to stocked water where they've been fed dog food and chunked out of the truck a few days prior. It's all about the experience and seeing places that few people are willing or able to go see. The fish are born in the stream and wild as they can be. Some streams will have larger fish than others but for the most part, wild trout just don't get very big. I'll take a 10" wild over a 6lb bass any day of the week! 🙂
Those wild southern brookies are the most beautiful fish in the world imo. Doing what's necessary to catch them, the way you have to stalk them to get a fly on the water without getting busted, nothing like it.

Latest posts