No kayaks, jet skis or wake boats!

Specializedjon

Beautiful. Wife and I went fly fishing on our honeymoon (I married up for sure). She caught a beautiful native brown trout and had no idea….she lifted the rod and it was pegged….i was that guy running down the stream yelling "walk backwards…keep the rod up" (go ahead @Pilchard I know you're giggling). Love chasing small stream trout.

wildside

Awesome! I'm at Big Sky and the mountains here are very much like our Smokies except 50 million years younger.
Me and the nephew are gonna try to find some specks when we are on a family thing in a couple of weeks.
go fish Ouzel creek in Big Sky...no brookies but plentiful cutts and the size of the creek will remind you of home

Lt.Dan

If I wanted to catch big trout, I'd go to stocked water where they've been fed dog food and chunked out of the truck a few days prior. It's all about the experience and seeing places that few people are willing or able to go see. The fish are born in the stream and wild as they can be. Some streams will have larger fish than others but for the most part, wild trout just don't get very big. I'll take a 10" wild over a 6lb bass any day of the week! 🙂
Wild Brook Trout is one of the finest eating fish. They are great for breakfast, especially if cooked over a fire. I had a stream down the road from me that nobody I know of fished except for me. I would only keep a couple a year.