• Help Support TNDeer:

Food Plots Now, just need that rain

backyardtndeer

Old clover plot needed redone. Last time I planted it was right after my mother passed away in 2017, and with health issues and life, I let it get out of hand. Sprayed it with gly and 2 4d last week. Would like for it have been a little more brown, but went on and burned off what would burn yesterday to try to expedite prep, most of it did burn.
20240922_105529_HDR.webp

20240922_105531_HDR.webp

Tilled this morning. I usually like to use Pennington's wintergrazer rye grain with clovers, but have to order that from CPS, and I didn't get an order in this year. So instead went with 50lbs of co-op's forager wheat and about 15 lbs of domain forage oats mixed in. Do have one corner I need to go back and fill in, ran out in the spreader.

Broadcast pelletized lime and 6-12-12, then came back and rolled/packed with my little Kubota. Plan to hand spin about 12-15 lbs of variety of bagged perennial clover mixes tomorrow if I can get out in the morning between rain.
20240923_125756_HDR.webp

With the Army Worms invading TN again this year, you'll be glad you didn't plant the rye. Army Worms will clean out the rye before moving to the wheat/oats.

Latest posts

Back