• Help Support TNDeer:

Offshore trip

deerkiller300wsm

Anyone have any killer recommendations for a guys trip offshore fishing? Turning 40 this year. May have to delay the trip till next season. Looking for something other than red snapper

Another vote for Venice, La
Depending on what time of year, so much to chase in the blue water.
Headed down next week for swordfish and if successful, catch some deep water tile fish.

Snapper, grouper, tuna, wahoo…all great at various times down there

Bring $$….offshore has gotten incredibly expensive

Freeport, Texas Oilfield Outkasts or if they're not doing offshore then the Olivia J with Capt Marshall Booker. If you fish the shrimp boats take a couple cases of cheap beer, cigarettes, or water to trade for shrimp.

Venice Louisiana….

Attachments

• IMG_5063.jpeg
    IMG_5063.jpeg
    457.4 KB · Views: 16
Headed down next week for swordfish and if successful, catch some deep water tile fish.

You going with peacekeepers?

Any specific captain?

Anyone have any killer recommendations for a guys trip offshore fishing? Turning 40 this year. May have to delay the trip till next season. Looking for something other than red snapper
Go to San Diego and take a Long Range trip on the Excel.

Attachments

• DSC02841.jpeg
    DSC02841.jpeg
    247.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1195.jpeg
    IMG_1195.jpeg
    373.6 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC02819.jpeg
    DSC02819.jpeg
    316.8 KB · Views: 28
  • gallagher 2012 005.jpeg
    gallagher 2012 005.jpeg
    259.4 KB · Views: 23
  • untitled.jpeg
    untitled.jpeg
    339.9 KB · Views: 23
Pulley ridge trip?
This is what I would suggest if not going to the northern gulf. Blind Date Charters out of Ft. Myers. Go Sept first on a weekend and you can keep every grouper and snapper species.

If going to the northern gulf I'd do an overnight trip to the rigs. Tuna, swordfish, tilefish, pelagics, etc.

Last edited:
If you go to Venice , hook up with VENICEOUTDOORS Capt Branadon Ballay. He offers off and in shore fishing. Only times I have been there with him we fished for Redfish. YOU WILL GET YOUR LIMIT WITH HIM

If you go to Venice , hook up with VENICEOUTDOORS Capt Branadon Ballay. He offers off and in shore fishing. Only times I have been there with him we fished for Redfish. YOU WILL GET YOUR LIMIT WITH HIM
I went with him inshore last fall. I would definitely recommend!

This is the third vote for Capt. Brandon Ballay! He is top-notch! I've written several stories about my trips out with him:

https://newschannel9.com/sports/outdoors/silver-kings-of-venice

https://newschannel9.com/sports/out...e-excitement-tagging-fishing-louisiana-venice

https://newschannel9.com/sports/outdoors/venice-redfishing-round-2

Look up Captain Kurt charters out of dauphin Island for tuna, grouper, snapper. Venice tripetail outfitters, or Bluewater for tuna, swordfish. Delph fishing for pulley ridge. Munster fishing for Islamaroda.

This reminds me of the time my wife and I booked an offshore charter out of Orange Beach. We got to the marina before sunrise the next morning, as instructed. Then we were told the captain that we booked was off that day and there had been a mistake. Then another captain said "He's not off.. he just took some of his buddies out a few minutes ago. Ya'll got ditched!"

I posted about it on here. I posted his name and warned everyone to avoid him. Eventually Ruger got a letter from a lawyer asking that all of those posts be removed - a "cease and desist". I guess when you searched his name, TNDeer was in the search results and he didn't like the truth being told. :) I got my hand slapped (not really) by Ruger and everything was removed.

Another captain was nice enough to take us on an in-shore trip at the last minute. He was a super cool dude who happened to work here in Lebanon for a while. Shout out to Captrain Troy Wise of the 4 Seasons Outfitters for taking care of us that day. An in-shore trip wasn't what we wanted, but he at least got us out on the water and we had fun anyway.

Back