• Help Support TNDeer:

Old Hickory

Tuckbass

Hey Guys and Gals,

I just moved right next to Shutes ramp on Old Hickory. I've had a lot of fun catching bass in my fishing days, but I've not really tried to target the fish i like to eat. With the 4th holiday coming up, I thought it'd be a good idea to go try and catch some catfish and maybe some walleye if there's any still in Old Hickory. So, if you guys wouldn't mind giving a rookie some advice, I'd really appreciate it. I do have a boat, so I'm able to get to places other than the bank. Just want some good eating size ones. Big ones are a blast, but too much to mess with to clean. Might be a good time to take the kids out too.

Thanks again!

Mike

The catfish bite has slowed down in the past month, for me anyways. I Caught 30 plus along large rock banks, and rip rap. The cats seems to really like getting in the holes of these large rocks to bed. My methods of catching them are rather unconventional, 1/6oz gold bladed rooster tails. I havent caught any like this in over a month so Im assuming they have gone deeper.

Good luck!

Thanks Duke!

So I'm just gonna go get on a main river channel ledge with some sort of bend and drift some chicken livers around i think to start off. 3/4 oz egg sinker with a circle hook. any advise on mouths of creeks versus bluff channel swing banks etc.?

I wouldn't be too sure myself. I would say, but don't quote me, that with this increase in weather they might have moved farther into the cannel. It seems they are through spawning, again don't quote me just basing this off of the shallow bite slowing down.

Did you get out there yesterday? Let us know how you did

Latest posts

Back