• Help Support TNDeer:

Photos can be challenging

Antler Daddy

This is a 1st generation reveal soaking on public in KY. I made some mock scrapes and hope to have some action there soon.

Even with an HD photo, cant tell if that is a good buck or not. Set on 8mp and maybe 18 yards. Cameras play tricks on my eyes for antlers. It may just be a doe. :)

1729873217075.webp
1729873284786.webp

Cmaeras play tricks on my eyes.

Was getting pictures of what I could tell was a mature buck - big thick body - but just never could get a good shot of his antlers. Finally got a close up. What a disappointment for his age. Probably won't score 80. But hey, he's mature and would be a brute to have.

Attachments

• Buck2419g.webp
    Buck2419g.webp
    146.9 KB · Views: 1
No, I actually scraped out 3 there and hung some branches with ziplocks. There was a lot of old sign in that area including a thigh size tree rub and that downed sapling is also an old rub. I normally put cameras up higher, but we are going to get a shot of his manhood on this one.

Anyone bowhunting next week or gun hunting opening weekend will likely find that camera if willing to walk a bit. I plan to hunt there during week if still have a buck tag.

I like the potential of this public piece and just hoping to catch a good one on camera.

Latest posts

Back