Just got these those morning. Love it

Attachments

• IMG_9610.webp
    IMG_9610.webp
    98.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9611.webp
    IMG_9611.webp
    104.4 KB · Views: 2
Morgan County checking in... at my place I've had 6 hens and 3 have had poults with them this year (~7 poults total). The poults all made it to full feathers/flying. They've been scarce this past week and I'm hoping it isn't from the yote pups (one on Sunday and one on Monday) I noticed creeping around the edge of my clearing. Both were during daylight hours and they bailed soon as they saw me.

Morgan County checking in... at my place I've had 6 hens and 3 have had poults with them this year (~7 poults total). The poults all made it to full feathers/flying. They've been scarce this past week and I'm hoping it isn't from the yote pups (one on Sunday and one on Monday) I noticed creeping around the edge of my clearing. Both were during daylight hours and they bailed soon as they saw me.
:)

Those yotie pups are EASY to call in. I almost feel bad about killing them, but I dont.

Those yotie pups are EASY to call in. I almost feel bad about killing them, but I dont.
I've got boat loads of them running around the property. These are really the first to come near the homestead clearing. But the absence of the hens/poults means if I get a shot on them I will. Both encounters were over in 2 secs. They saw me and dashed into the woods pronto. Haven't seen any since (yotes or turkeys). But now I'm watching closer.

Yesterday we seen about 5-6 hens with at least 3 different groups of poults ranging from pretty good size down to a few newly hatched ones. Totaled about 20 birds all together. DeKalb Co

Yesterday I saw around 5-6 hens with a bunch of poults but it was hard to count because they were in some tall grass and weeds but I would guess around 20 total. Most I've seen at one time since back around 2010-2015. I found a busted turkey egg in a road last year while turkey hunting and that motivated me enough to start eradicating nest predators. I lost count at 65 last year, this was a mixture of coon, possum and skunks but I can tell it's starting to make a difference. If you want turkeys around, I would say hammer the nest predators.

Yesterday I saw around 5-6 hens with a bunch of poults but it was hard to count because they were in some tall grass and weeds but I would guess around 20 total. Most I've seen at one time since back around 2010-2015. I found a busted turkey egg in a road last year while turkey hunting and that motivated me enough to start eradicating nest predators. I lost count at 65 last year, this was a mixture of coon, possum and skunks but I can tell it's starting to make a difference. If you want turkeys around, I would say hammer the nest predators.
Absolutely!

I've got 3 hens and 8 poults that visit my yard daily in Robertson county. The young poults are getting pretty big, dang near full grown. A couple of weeks back, there was 5 hens and 21 poults in the back yard in about 3 different age classes.

Back