• Help Support TNDeer:

Precision Rimfire?

trex

Looking at getting a precision 22LR on the cheap, under $600 for the rifle, I have a scope.
Would shoot out to 100yds for group and further for steel.

Ruger Precision Rimfire 22LR
Savage B22 Precision 22LR
Or something else?

If I was on the cheap cheap, I'd find an older savage sv. They seem to shoot better than anything I've seen on the range in the last 5 years from savage for whatever reason. If I had a $600 budget and wanted the best I could get my hands on, it would be. A cz 457 varmint… followed by the t1x

I shoot in quite a few matches at several different ranges and neither of those is competitive. Several have showed up Ruger and Savage and have sold them pretty quick.

Lots of CZ, Tikka T1x, a few Bergara

CZ MTR, Pro Varmint, Varmint. For the money the Varmint is a great one.

I'm a T1x man, I have a 16" and a 20". Both of mine are pretty awesome. I've beat a lot of really nice rifles with mine.

If you are just plinking and playing at your house then you may be happy with either but if you plan on shooting in matches you may want to look at other stuff.

We shoot 50yd benchrest factory matches and on steel we shoot out to 400 for fun.

There are plenty of good choices out there.

It's funny, the most accurate .22 rifle I have ever owned is a Remington 597 with a cheap Bass Pro Redhead scope on it. I bought it on sale years ago (2005) for about $150. I have never shot it beyond about 30 yards, but it was boring accurate.

I'm not suggesting you get one, just that I didn't spend a bunch and was pleasantly surprised.

Good luck finding something that works for you. :)

Latest posts

Back