• Help Support TNDeer:

Question

Bucky

I was told today that is was illegal to catch ( I call them craw dads) in my creek and use them as bait. Is this true? Thanks

Under no circumstance shall live fish, crayfish, or salamanders be intentionally released into Tennessee waters away from the waters from which they were harvested.

Rules changed back in 2016. All depends on a bunch of variables. Some of the crayfish are protected.

Here, a quote:""Crayfish harvested for food from the French Broad, Holston, and Clinch rivers and their tributaries shall not be possessed alive away from the body of water from which they were harvested."

So, kill the little mother and take him home dead. However...You may have to actually ask a TWRA person.

You need to look up the rules.

DaveB":2drb5au2 said:
Rules changed back in 2016. All depends on a bunch of variables. Some of the crayfish are protected.

Here, a quote:""Crayfish harvested for food from the French Broad, Holston, and Clinch rivers and their tributaries shall not be possessed alive away from the body of water from which they were harvested."

So, kill the little mother and take him home dead. However...You may have to actually ask a TWRA person.

You need to look up the rules.

or a lawyer, lol. that section i posted is on page 38. so does that mean just dumping them alive or using them as bait?

Latest posts

Back