• Help Support TNDeer:

Record shell cracker

Bowdacious said:
I'm just learning all kinds of stuff on this thread. :)I'm glad I asked but sorry about the hijack.

I was about to ask what a fluke is but I figured it out. A fluke is when I actually catch a fish.
LOL

bowriter said:
In many parts of TN they are called black perch or rock bass. They are also known widely as goggleye. Not a good picture but this is one that hit a fluke.

TheFluke008.jpg

looks like a greenie

I actually have trouble telling the difference between green. Sunfish and warmouths, can anybody tell me a quick identification method

easy45 said:
I actually have trouble telling the difference between green. Sunfish and warmouths, can anybody tell me a quick identification method

I have no idea what you are calling a "green". A warmouth looks like a small version of a bass. It has a big mouth as shown in the picture I posted. Perhaps where you live, it is called a green. Short, stumpy and colored somewhat like a blugill but adrker and with a big mouth.

bowriter said:
easy45 said:

I have no idea what you are calling a "green". A warmouth looks like a small version of a bass. It has a big mouth as shown in the picture I posted. Perhaps where you live, it is called a green. Short, stumpy and colored somewhat like a blugill but adrker and with a big mouth.

A green sunfish is different than a warmouth, honestly they look similar but there is a different coloration

bowriter said:

http://www.tnfish.org/FishIdentificatio ... .htm#green

click on #6- green sunfish

bowriter said:
Okay stik- we use t call those something ut I can't recall what. Great trotline bait.

they're not good rod and reel bait as they live under rocks and will hang you up every time.

Latest posts

Back