• Help Support TNDeer:

Saltwater fishing

Not bad!

I went up by the boat ramp at the state park this evening, like you mentioned. It was low tide and really really shallow. I waded out a pretty good way in a few directions, but no luck. I gave up quickly and just let the boys chase crabs and such.

Got 3 dozen bull minnows from Bluewater Outriggers and 2/3rds were dead before I got back here.

TNReb":3ba7h9l8 said:
Not bad!

I went up by the boat ramp at the state park this evening, like you mentioned. It was low tide and really really shallow. I waded out a pretty good way in a few directions, but no luck. I gave up quickly and just let the boys chase crabs and such.

Got 3 dozen bull minnows from Bluewater Outriggers and 2/3rds were dead before I got back here.
Did you check at Presnell's. I'm pretty sure they sell live bait as well and much closer.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Dbllunger":2592fxrd said:
TNReb":2592fxrd said:
Not bad!

Did you check at Presnell's. I'm pretty sure they sell live bait as well and much closer.

Didn't check. We took the boys up to Panama City today so I just stopped in Bluewater on the way back.

Is y'all's water pressure horrible? We can barely shower!

Dbllunger":1v8j5r4w said:
LoL.... definitely not going to blow you away but not bad.

Apparently the water company is having problems. Ours was fine the first day we were here, but now it's just a trickle at best. They were hoping it would be resolved by today.

Aaaand we basically have no usable water now. We have a trickle downstairs in the kitchen, but the 2nd and 3rd floors (where the baths/showers are) have zero water.

Barely enough of a trickle in the kitchen downstairs to brush your teeth. Washing clothes/dishes or taking a shower is out of the question.

Water company says it could be another 24 hours like this. They said the north end of the cape has it the worst. I believe it.

TNReb":3oh4pkb4 said:
Aaaand we basically have no usable water now. We have a trickle downstairs in the kitchen, but the 2nd and 3rd floors (where the baths/showers are) have zero water.

Barely enough of a trickle in the kitchen downstairs to brush your teeth. Washing clothes/dishes or taking a shower is out of the question.

Water company says it could be another 24 hours like this. They said the north end of the cape has it the worst. I believe it.

Man that sucks. I stayed close to the exact area you speak of last year. Looks like MAYBE you could talk them into giving you a discounted rate for when you get ready to come back or even a partial refund. It would be worth asking for sure.

cbhunter":389mhfqg said:
TNReb":389mhfqg said:

Man that sucks. I stayed close to the exact area you speak of last year. Looks like MAYBE you could talk them into giving you a discounted rate for when you get ready to come back or even a partial refund. It would be worth asking for sure.
Already asked. Unfortunately it's the water company's issue. It's no fault of the owners of our place, so I didn't really fuss too much.

Pilchard":pl6zo3gs said:
For your ice discussion— the proper way to do it is to make a saltwater slurry. Take a bag of ice and add a bucket of saltwater to it in the cooler. This is the way to get the best quality food product. The fish will also be much colder and therefore easier to fillet.
;) Coming from a commercial fishing family, i sure do miss the saltwater. Grew up fishing offshore,as well as inshore, off Palm Beach, Broward, Dade, and Monroe counties. These Rockfish are helping to fill the void though :)

Latest posts

Back