• Help Support TNDeer:

Scope Problems

gtk

Staff member
Opened my guns safe , and my backup elk rifle tumbled out, landing on the scope (vortex diamonback).. it fell hard enough that it dented the scope.. so i took it too the range to check. . it was way off as expected..

I made some adjustments to get it back on paper, but it will not group at all.. Any movements of the dials produces inconsistent results, like move it left 2 clicks makes it move left and way up ??

Would you start with putting another scope on it, or think it could be the mounts. I don't have my reloading stuff set up out here in CO yet, so I don't have many shells to tinker with..

i'm thinking just put a new scope on it.. I doubt Vortex would fix the scope due to my error..

Vortex will fix it even if it is your error.

BTW, I have a Diamondback HP sitting on a shelf right now if you need a scope to borrow for the trip if you are anywhere close to Memphis/Collierville.

will they fix even if the scope has a big dent in it ?

thanks for offer, but i'm back from my trip already :) this scope was on my "backup" rifle..

tnrifleman, i may have bought this scope from you ?

That is a cool warranty. May have to look at Vortex for my next buy.

I have a scope that i dropped down a bluff! I lost balance and chose the rifle over my dead body. The front sunscreen was bent in pretty bad. I took out my multtitool and bent it out and it still worked fine.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I am following this thread to find out if Vortex is going to stick by their word, even if it is your fault.

I bought one for my Son and he was so impressed I bought another. Since I am known to be clumsy I hope the Vortex folks are a decent and honest bunch.

gtk":a0rc3zii said:
will they fix even if the scope has a big dent in it ?

thanks for offer, but i'm back from my trip already :) this scope was on my "backup" rifle..

tnrifleman, i may have bought this scope from you ?

They should fix it no problem. You will likely get a new one.

Not sure if you bought that one from me. I have always had Diamondback HP's and not the original Diamondback as I wasn't very fond of the eye relief on them. I would give them a quick call and they will fix you up.

MUP":1ubrkii1 said:
Sounds like more of a storage problem to me. Might need to ask Santy Claus for a new safe for some more room! ;)

That seems to be my problem, I ask but Santa said I have too many guns.

MUP":2iahwk1o said:
Sounds like more of a storage problem to me. Might need to ask Santy Claus for a new safe for some more room! ;)
Ha.. Safe is pretty empty now .. I left most of my guns back in MS at a "safe place".. Only took with me to CO what I thought i needed :)
the dang gun fell out when i was unloading my safe for the move ... But, you are correct, i do need a bigger safe.. If & when we move back i will address that issue :tu:

Well, I finally got around to sending in my scope to see if they would/could fix it..

I mailed it last Friday, and they sent a new scope on the next wednesday.. That is awesome customer support !

Latest posts

Back