• Help Support TNDeer:

Score please

You guys have me 2nd guessing my 110in score. Am I missing something? Looks to be 14 inside with little mass, 5 to 6 in tines.

Now I'm looking closer. I see 21" beams, 3" brows, all tines except right G3 are 8", right G3 is 9", 3.5 bases, 3" c2, 2" c3, 1" c4, 15" inside spread. That's 115" gross. Dang it I'm going to change my guess.

That's why I usually run numbers before guessing, but this time I just glanced and guessed. I was wrong by 10".

I could be way off... based my initial score off the still pic only, didn't look at the video.

Looked at the video and still can't see more than 115 max???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241001_164647_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20241001_164647_Gallery.webp
    59.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20241001_164724_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20241001_164724_Gallery.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 1
You guys have me 2nd guessing my 110in score. Am I missing something? Looks to be 14 inside with little mass, 5 to 6 in tines.
I was guesstimating the 2's and 3's to be 8-9" min plus 19-20" beams…disclaimer is guesstimating, my opinion is just that. Hopefully we are all low and this deer scores higher for you, spurhunter

Those aren't 5-6 inch tines.
Ok.. ill be generous

15 spread
4In g1s
***8***in g2s
***7***in g3s
19 beams
4in h1s
3.5in h2s
2.5 h3s
2in h4s

That's 115 in. And being OPTIMISTIC.

I think spread is 14, beams 18, g2 7in, g3s 6in

That's where I come up with 110in.

Look, if you want to kill the deer go ahead. I've killed a pile of 110 in deer myself. No shame in that. But based on the pics provided (and pics can be VERY deceiving for sure), I just can't see that deer going any more than 115 max, and still looks like 110 realistically.to me.

I was guesstimating the 2's and 3's to be 8-9" min plus 19-20" beams…disclaimer is guesstimating, my opinion is just that. Hopefully we are all low and this deer scores higher for you, spurhunter
This deer is actually on a friend's place and his teenage son is really wanting a shot at him. I hope he gets one. Regardless of score he will be pumped!

This deer is actually on a friend's place and his teenage son is really wanting a shot at him. I hope he gets one. Regardless of score he will be pumped!
And we can find out exactly what this one scored! :cool:

I'm usually more conservative in my guesses than many on here, but apparently I was fooled a bit by this one. My initial thought was 125 class, later lowered to 122.

Guess I better eat some more Mississippi Crow and lower that on down to 118 :D

And we can find out exactly what this one scored! :cool:

I'm usually more conservative in my guesses than many on here, but apparently I was fooled a bit by this one. My initial thought was 125 class, later lowered to 122.

Guess I better eat some more Mississippi Crow and lower that on down to 118 :D
I'm sticking with upper 120's. My final answer is 128. But, as I said, I'm not good at scoring and all the technical stuff posted here says I'm high.

. . . . . I'm not good at scoring and all the technical stuff posted here says I'm high.
It's difficult to be highly accurate just based off a single pic or two.

I have several mainframe 8's on the wall that go over 130.
My very first "frame of reference" is comparing any other mainframe 8 to those on the wall, where the score is actually known.

If you get more pics of this buck, the guessed scores should become more accurate.
We're all just guessing.

I'm not good at scoring and all the technical stuff posted here says I'm high.

After you measure some racks you begin seeing "windows" where most measurements fall into.

Case in point antler bases usually fall between 3" and 5" with most being in the 4"-4.5" range. It would be a spike to measure smaller and a giant to measure bigger. So when looking at a typical buck like yours, we know with near certainty that his bases will measure 3"-4" and drop by 1/2"-1" with each successive circumference measurement.

Same with beam length, tine length, and spread. Once you've measured some deer you see a pretty clear window of range for each measurement. That's why I usually run numbers before guessing a score. It's not so much a guess as it is an estimate. But this time I just guessed by glancing the pic and was fooled because I didn't add up the numbers. Had I done so my initial guess would have been 115".

Regardless, I hope the kid gets him. Heck of a buck, especially for a young hunter who hasn't killed many big bucks. I know I'd have been over the moon with that buck when I was 16yrs old!

I'm sticking with upper 120's. My final answer is 128. But, as I said, I'm not good at scoring and all the technical stuff posted here says I'm high.
I will say this. Imo 8 points are some of the hardest to guess to me. A big frame 8 point will fool many people because of the frame alone. A 125 plus 8 point is a very good deer an upper 130s plus is an absolute giant. I think 10 point and bigger are always easier to guess. With that said I am a sucker for a big 8 point I love giant framed 8 points. They are impressive. A buddy of mine killed a 158 and some change 8 15ish years ago. And that deer is beyond impressive he is beside a 150 10 on the wall and the 8 point looks like twice the deer.

Latest posts

Back