• Help Support TNDeer:

Should be RIGHT this weekend

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Boy it is looking GOOD for this weekend.
Supposed to fish a bream tournament Saturday but not sure if my buddy is gonna make it or not.
If he has to back out then I will have to decide on whether to go for bream or ditch pickles.

Either way it is gonna be BEAUTIFUL and good Lord willing I will be on the water somewhere for sure.

Best of luck to everyone and be safe out there!!!

Good luck! Hitting the road for Gulf Shores in just a minute. Hoping to catch some flounder and pompano.

We started this new thing at work were we have to work a single weekend day once a month.

mine just happens to be this Saturday for May :evil:

I told the wife since I will be stuck at work till 7pm I would load the truck before I left for work, & when I got back we will go to the lake to try & catch some cats from the bank under a Colman lantern. One of my favorite things to do on a warm summer night setting in a lawn chair at 11pm under the stars fishing especially when the fish are biting.

cbhunter":a62pjoqo said:
Good luck wherever you go

Thanks dude.

Man and his woman are going to pick up their wedding bands Saturday but he thinks he will have time to fish before they go.
We are either gonna go up to the Cumberland, or to the 1,000 acre lake one.

I am leaning more towards the 1,000 acre just because if he is pressed for time it will be closer.

I thought a bream tournament sounds easy.

After yesterday I changed my mind!

Took the family out with a tube of crickets. We only caught two big enough to eat in 2 hours! Caught nothing but little bitty one's.

TNReb":v4wj7wc7 said:

Took the family out with a tube of crickets. We only caught two big enough to eat in 2 hours! Caught nothing but little bitty one's.

LOL yep I hear it all the time, ANYBODY can catch bream, they are for kids.
I promise you at certain times of the year they are far from easy.

The tournament was one I was in 2 years ago.
Total weight of 20 fish limit, bream, shellcracker & sunfish only.
I told my buddy it would take 20 shellcracker to win.
We had 3 hours to go in the tournament when we came off the water and only had 7 shellcracker.
It was really rough that day and he didn't want to stay out there, plus until that day he was not a bream fisherman and he only knew of a couple spots at KY lake. I knew of exactly zero spots. LOL

We took second place in the tournament and I had second place in big fish with a 1 3/4 pound shellcracker.
My second biggest was 1 1/2 pounds.
I can't remember our total weight but we beat several 20 shellcracker limits that day. :)
It was alot of fun.

Best part was when we were done with the weigh in myself and a couple of the tournament people filleted all the fish and they cooked them and had every side you can imagine, deserts everything.

TNReb":1slbo8f5 said:

usually it would be this time of year but things have gotten behind. right now the larger bluegill will be around the LMB beds feeding on eggs and fry. by the end of this month the bluegill should be on their own beds, and of course the LMB and channel cats will move in the mornings and evenings to pick off the smaller bluegill. lol, they have a hate-hate kind of relationship. i also catch a few big ones around where black crappie spawn as well as yellow bass.

Bucket":1sra1mv1 said:
That's my kind of tournament if you had a fish fry afterwards!

Oh dude, it was AWESOME!!!
That was a rough drive home from Springville that afternoon.
Tired and a full belly and an hour drive makes it hard to stay awake. :D

RUGER":lal2mze6 said:
cbhunter":lal2mze6 said:

Thanks dude.

Man and his woman are going to pick up their wedding bands Saturday but he thinks he will have time to fish before they go.

I am leaning more towards the 1,000 acre just because if he is pressed for time it will be closer.

Be listening for the ol Mossberg. I am gonna give the old boss gobbler one last chance to beat me at his game Saturday morning! I really haven't hunted a lot this year but I have got on him and got beat about 4 times. Trying a diff approach this time.............

to be continued

cbhunter":1fhfhv3p said:
RUGER":1fhfhv3p said:
cbhunter":1fhfhv3p said:

Thanks dude.

Be listening for the ol Mossberg. I am gonna give the old boss gobbler one last chance to beat me at his game Saturday morning! I really haven't hunted a lot this year but I have got on him and got beat about 4 times. Trying a diff approach this time.............

to be continued
Lol good luck dude!!

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Back