• Help Support TNDeer:

So I found a vehicle

Crow Terminator

Just got back from the lake. To say it was interesting would be an understatement. I was trolling around and so happened to have side imaging on the screen. I look and tell my wife "that looks like a vehicle". I marked it and went over it with down imaging and sure enough...it's a vehicle. I put my livescope on it and got really good images of it. Hmm. I called the non emergency police number and spoke to dispatch. I figured they probably had a list of known submerged vehicles. She called me back a few minutes later and said that vehicle location wasn't in their known database. She was sending an officer out to meet me. So a little bit later...I meet him. He asked a few questions and I showed him the screen shots of the vehicle. He says "that don't look like a vehicle to me". He asks where it was...I told him and gave him the GPS coordinates. He said and I quote..."there's no way for somebody to have gotten a vehicle down there off those rocks". And that was it. He got back in his car and left.

So TnDeer members. Here are my screen shots. What say you? Vehicle or not?

20240803_141924.webp

20240803_141830.webp

20240803_142131.webp

What were you expecting him to do with this information?
Write down where it is located? Or tell us it's already been reported/known. That would have been a good place to start. That'd be better than saying it doesn't look like a vehicle and leaving.

I contacted Jeremy with the Exploring with Nug YouTube channel. He dives on vehicles and has found several missing persons that way. He already responded and said they had found the same vehicle but TVA won't let them dive on it. I'm assuming it's because of how close to the dam it is. It may just be a vehicle that fell off a barge but...we'll never know I guess.

You might want to contact Adam Brown Adventures.

It seems like lots of cops just don't
care if there's a vehicle underwater.
Write down where it is located? Or tell us it's already been reported/known. That would have been a good place to start. That'd be better than saying it doesn't look like a vehicle and leaving.

I contacted Jeremy with the Exploring with Nug YouTube channel. He dives on vehicles and has found several missing persons that way. He already responded and said they had found the same vehicle but TVA won't let them dive on it. I'm assuming it's because of how close to the dam it is. It may just be a vehicle that fell off a barge but...we'll never know I guess.
So now we have a perfect place to discard a vehicle, and nobody can check into it.

Magnet and rope, 13'-15' of water wouldn't be bad to dive down real fast with goggles but it looks like a vehicle to me.
We were talking about that at work last night. In the fall they will drop the lake about 5 to 6 feet to winter pool. The lake bottom is about 14 foot...the roof of the car is probably 5 feet above the lake bottom, which would put it at around 9 feet at summer pool and only 3 to 4 feet under the surface at winter pool. As clear as the water gets in the fall/winter...I guarantee you can see the roof of it down in the water. Especially from an elevated position. I'm going to see if my dad still has his AquaVu camera and if he does, go see if I can see anything with it. At least be able to see for sure if it is a vehicle and or what kind/color it is.

Probably just another stolen vehicle…
Toyota pick up maybe….🤷‍♂️

Hopefully no dead body inside…
Where's Columbo when you need him????🤣

Could possibly belong too some Government organization as well..being that it's reported too be near a dam..
Things happen in those organizations that's never heard of outside the organization itself.

Or….

Could be a Government prototype submersible electric vehicle used to secretly recover waste dead batteries from channel marking lights…👀👍🤣

(TVA/ USACE )

We were talking about that at work last night. In the fall they will drop the lake about 5 to 6 feet to winter pool. The lake bottom is about 14 foot...the roof of the car is probably 5 feet above the lake bottom, which would put it at around 9 feet at summer pool and only 3 to 4 feet under the surface at winter pool. As clear as the water gets in the fall/winter...I guarantee you can see the roof of it down in the water. Especially from an elevated position. I'm going to see if my dad still has his AquaVu camera and if he does, go see if I can see anything with it. At least be able to see for sure if it is a vehicle and or what kind/color it is.
No deeper than that, just get a good pair of goggles and a deep breathe of air and swim down on a warm fall day

At 15', I would give it a look. Is it in strong current?

You could verify with the magnet on the front end. Take down a GoPro and try to get a shot of the license or VIN.

Latest posts

Back