• Help Support TNDeer:

So I found a vehicle

Tims ford still has a couple under water that are known about due to then rolling in at boat ramps. As well as a couple of bridges that are submerged from the flooding of Tim's.

Update: It is a vehicle. I borrowed my dads underwater camera and put it down there. It is a white newer looking vehicle. The camera he has is on a thin cable/wire and I couldn't get it positioned just right to see much. It doesn't have hardly any sediment on it...which kinda tells me it hasn't been there very long. The hood is up...probably from the impact of hitting the water. I almost lost his camera because I managed to drop it directly in the engine area and could see an air intake hose and hose clamp, and got it hung on something in there. I have a crankbait snag pole that extends to about 18 feet. I'm going to attach the camera to the end of it and basically make a super long selfie stick...and that way I will have much better control over where I am trying to look.

Update: It is a vehicle. I borrowed my dads underwater camera and put it down there. It is a white newer looking vehicle. The camera he has is on a thin cable/wire and I couldn't get it positioned just right to see much. It doesn't have hardly any sediment on it...which kinda tells me it hasn't been there very long. The hood is up...probably from the impact of hitting the water. I almost lost his camera because I managed to drop it directly in the engine area and could see an air intake hose and hose clamp, and got it hung on something in there. I have a crankbait snag pole that extends to about 18 feet. I'm going to attach the camera to the end of it and basically make a super long selfie stick...and that way I will have much better control over where I am trying to look.
Keep us updated and some screenshots

Keep us updated and some screenshots
I tried to video it on my phone by looking at the camera's display screen but all I can see by watching the video is my reflection holding the camera. Next time I go I will have a better rig. One of the guys I work with has an ice fishing one that records to SD card and has infrared lights. His is an expensive camera...dad's is a cheap one. I may get him to tag along and get some pics and video of it down there.

Very interesting. Hopefully you can get plate number. Pissed me off that cops blew it off so easily. Sure hope no one is in it

Update: I sent Jeremy from Exploring with Nug an update that I had put a camera on it and that I had confirmed it was a vehicle. He messaged me right away and said he and Adam Brown were coming up this weekend and wanted to meet up with me and dive it.
That's awesome, it should be on their channel before long then.

I have not read through all of the posts yet, but we oftentimes find submerged vehicles right off the end of boat ramps in the Mississippi River. Most of the times, it is a single vehicle, but sometimes it is a vehicle and boat trailer, still hooked up. I'll try to find some sonar images and photos of the few we have witnessed being removed due to missing person or criminal investigation.

This one was found 08SEP22 just below Dorena Boat Ramp. Lat/Long 36.6138, -89.2066, shallowest water depth in the area was 12 feet the day of discovery. Dorena, Missouri, just northwest of Hickman, KY, across the MS River on right descending bank.

Dorena ramp 5.webp

Dorena ramp 4.webp

Dorena ramp 2.webp

Last edited:
In the mid 90's, I witnessed 8 being removed from a single boat ramp near Oakridge. A friend worked for a wrecker service. They were after one that had just went in but had to pull the others out first as the newest one had skipped across the others and settled behind them. No bodies though, just stolen vehicles and insurance jobs.

While we were dragging for a boating accident victim several years ago, I got a call about a submerged car that just began to show. When I got there I was able to get a boat paddle through a back window. Something large was floating in the car. I nervously put my arm through the window to see what was floating. Luckily it was the seat.
If a fish had of swam out and brushed my hand or arm I would have had to change drawers.

I'm friends with Lindsay bussick on Fb from chaos divers, (they use to do a lot along side of Nug and Adam and the old AWP crew) Eric her husband (ride or dive) works at sequoia or watts bar. Might reach out to them. It wasn't just a few months ago both teams scanned the river threw Charleston and parksville lake looking for that Boyd kid that went missing

Latest posts

Back