• Help Support TNDeer:

So I found a vehicle

I thought the same thing. Just saw on their social media they were searching for a missing person this weekend. Who knows. Here's the location of the vehicle. It's just above the sidewalk people fish from and you can easily see the access road it probably came off of...it does that curve and if a person was drunk or couldn't see well and didn't make the turn. Sploosh. Or it could have came off a barge if barges transport vehicles...I have no idea. All I know is, there's a vehicle right there.
Screenshot_20240803_172632_Google Earth.webp

I thought the same thing. Just saw on their social media they were searching for a missing person this weekend. Who knows. Here's the location of the vehicle. It's just above the sidewalk people fish from and you can easily see the access road it probably came off of...it does that curve and if a person was drunk or couldn't see well and didn't make the turn. Sploosh. Or it could have came off a barge if barges transport vehicles...I have no idea. All I know is, there's a vehicle right there.
View attachment 238634
I would reach out to Lindsay, Eric may be able to pull some strings since he's working for TVA

Hey crow I caught Nugs live this evening and asked him if they were still planning to check it and he didnt act like he knew what I was talking about. So I reached out to Lindsay and sent her a link to this and she said they plan to be back down here in the next couple of weeks and will definitely find a way to clear it. if you want to shoot me your number I will pass it along to her. I know I use to spend a lot of nights up there during the summer and whatever that equipment is on the right ices up and forms a huge cloud in that curve that causes complete white out across the road. I can see how someone impaired or just being a jack ass burning up the road and not knowing about it could loose it right in there. My eyes want to see a doorless jeep, it looks like you can see the seats in the picture.

Hey crow I caught Nugs live this evening and asked him if they were still planning to check it and he didnt act like he knew what I was talking about. So I reached out to Lindsay and sent her a link to this and she said they plan to be back down here in the next couple of weeks and will definitely find a way to clear it. if you want to shoot me your number I will pass it along to her. I know I use to spend a lot of nights up there during the summer and whatever that equipment is on the right ices up and forms a huge cloud in that curve that causes complete white out across the road. I can see how someone impaired or just being a jack ass burning up the road and not knowing about it could loose it right in there. My eyes want to see a doorless jeep, it looks like you can see the seats in the picture.

Thank you!! Here is a screen shot of the email that Nug sent me last week. I keep those receipts 😄
Screenshot_20240814_123512_Gmail.webp

Well the TVA cops will be down there at the first sign of a dive if I could guess, a tow truck would only be called if a body was in there, missing vehicle and you would pay to recover it for somebody else? reckon if you have tons of $$ to throw away have at it. 😝

Since that's likely a life vest mandatory area, you could still stay legal by wearing an inflatable vest whilst in the water. There's no floatation unless you pull the ripcord, but you'd still be wearing a vest.

Just make sure the automatic inflation gizmo doesn't have a wafer in it and is deactivated!

TVA Police...man that's something I've not heard in years. They use to have an office building at the dam with full time TVA patrol vehicles and boats. I haven't seen one in 10+ years though. I think they've pawned most of the patrolling onto TWRA and local law enforcement.

The diver people are non profits...they do the diving, clearing, and vehicle pulling for free. They get paid through donations, merch sales, and social media outlets where they video the dives, etc.

TVA Police...man that's something I've not heard in years. They use to have an office building at the dam with full time TVA patrol vehicles and boats. I haven't seen one in 10+ years though. I think they've pawned most of the patrolling onto TWRA and local law enforcement.

The diver people are non profits...they do the diving, clearing, and vehicle pulling for free. They get paid through donations, merch sales, and social media outlets where they video the dives, etc.
Yeah, TVA trimmed that fat many moons ago.

Obama busted them up years ago. As far as patrolling the lakes TWRA has had that responsibility since the 70's. In Upper East Tennessee TVA had one patrol boat for Norris, Douglas, Cherokee, and all points east.
Last dealings I had with them, if I needed a TVA Officer on Douglas or Cherokee an "Inspector" had to come from Ft Loudon/Tellico or Boone.

Latest posts

Back