Solar charging batteries

Laserman1

I have a minkota 3 bank charger in my tracker. I can plug it into an extension cord to charge all 3 batteries. I want to get a solar panel trickle charger to hook up when my boat is at storage( no electrical available). I charge the boat when I bring it home but don't want to always have to bring it home.
I can get a solar panel trickle charger. I need to know how to hook it up to charge the 2 trolling motor batteries that are wired together.

Laserman1

Don't know a lot about charging. If this would work would I just plug the 3 bank charger from the boat into it and let it sit all week trickle charging until I use the boat again? Normally I plug it in at the house overnight if I'm fishing the next day, and fully charge it again before I drop it off at storage. Can't have the boat sitting in my yard all the time.

Bucket

Yes, you would just leave the 3 bank charger plugged in to it all the time. The solar would keep the power station charged up. If you can post the model number of your battery charger I can figure out what wattage you would need.

Bucket

Most of the chargers are 10a x 3 banks.
That's the output, but the input wattage required for his charger is what we need. I looked his model up and the input wattage is 270W, so a 300W solar power station should work.

1720012974890.png

Laserman1

Bucket, so in theory I could get the 300 solar charger you posted, take plug from minkota charger and plug it in, put solar panel on top of outboard, leave 300 watt charger sitting in boat and it would maintain batteries during the week while I wasn't using it?

Latest posts