• Help Support TNDeer:

Some days I have it some days I don't

TRIGGER

Man bass fishing can be a real b!/@& sometimes. I have had a good year and caught a bunch of fish including my personal best. Anyways I got to KY lake Friday afternoon at 4:30 and fished all night (took a 30 min nap on the boat at 3:30)until 8:30 Saturday morning and did not put a single fish in the boat. I fished from 6" of water to 15' of water with everything I had in the boat. Had a few bites and a few fish on but never got them in the boat. Frustrating. But like deer hunting if it were easy it wouldn't be any fun. Why is it when we are beat down the hardest it makes us want to do it even more?

My Dad tells a similar story. He and 2 buddies went fishing one evening, and planned to fish until around 9 or 10. Dad and 1 friend were catching a few fish here and there, but the 3rd friend wasn't catching a thing.

He told them he wasn't leaving until he caught a fish. Supposedly the guy caught a fish right at dawn on topwater. Reeled it in, pulled up the trolling motor and went home. This was pre cellphone, and the wives were pissed haha.

Good onya for trying. I woulda left about 2 if It was me haha. Some days they just don't bite!

Back