• Help Support TNDeer:

Something about !

W.Seay

Man I can't wait til opening day of rifle season! There is that feeling in the air that comes back year after year that makes me feel like a child at Christmas! I Love the cold crisp air and the smell of rotting leaves as well as the smell of gun powder!

The "real" opening day to me is my first morning in the stand ;) :D

There's nothing like that first nice frosty morning up in the stand with your rifle laid across the rail though.. ;)

Make no mistake, its definitely deer season when I slip the first sharp broadhead thru the ribcage and watch it fall within sight!! Nothing else compares to bowhunting!!!

Winchester said:
Make no mistake, its definitely deer season when I slip the first sharp broadhead thru the ribcage and watch it fall within sight!! Nothing else compares to bowhunting!!!

Winchester,

I'm going to modify your quote to fit my situation:

Make no mistake, its definitely deer season when I see my arrow fly 5 feet off-target and then watch that deer run for the hills!! Nothing else compares to bowhunting!!!

BSK said:
Winchester said:

Winchester,

I'm going to modify your quote to fit my situation:

Make no mistake, its definitely deer season when I see my arrow fly 5 feet off-target and then watch that deer run for the hills!! Nothing else compares to bowhunting!!!
:D I wont say I havent been in this exact same setting a few times myself BSK, but fortunately it doesnt happen as often as it once did!!! ;) Make no mistake, I fully love to put them on the ground with my MZ and rifle as well!! I hunt when season is open, never mind the weapon they make me use!! :)

Winchester said:

x2 and it usually happens early September amidst heat humidity and bugs. Love it, but those November days are special!

Yep theres nothing like it. I love counting the rifle shots on opening morning. Last yr on opening day of ky i quit counting at 8 am at i think it was about 93 shots.

rem270 said:
Last yr on opening day of ky i quit counting at 8 am at i think it was about 93 shots.
WOW! I bet I did not hear many more rifle shots than that all last season and I hunted a pretty heavily hunted area of west TN with very liberal doe limits. Sounded like a war that morning huh?

Andy, if you have never hunted KY gun season, you have no idea how quickly daylight deer movement can be shut down. A lot of people take that week off hunt 9 days straight, after a couple they start roaming, and a lot are not scent concious.

My land is a big thicket with more thickets around it. As it has grown up and more importantly as the neighboring land was cut and grew up I have had shots at 2.5 and older bucks up to the second weekend but a lot aren't so lucky.

I guess I am in the small group that can't wait for opening morning of bow season.As far as deer hunting goes, that is my only weapon I use anymore.

Winchester said:

I agree. Man, I just got fired up.

November...I can feel the crisp air now!

PicsthruAugust2009135.jpg

Latest posts

Back