• Help Support TNDeer:

Spook Span on Huntr podcast

lafn96

3.5 hour podcast, some things I found nteresting -

- he makes no qualms about getting tips from people anywhere in whitetail lands about monster deer, and paying up to $30k if he gets them

- says he's known Lee from SeekOne since Lee was 16, and they do pay to hunt at least some of the monsters they find

- says he's gotten over 20 bucks that are 200+

This is so far removed from how I hunt, I was kind of at a loss throughout the whole thing. Comes across as a nice enough guy, not sure about this style of hunting.

I am friends with someone who grew up with Spook. He told me that Spook would shoot many bucks, over the limit, in a season. He would cut the heads off and throw the rest of the deer away. Rarely if ever saving any meat at all. He said it is a known fact among all that grew up with him. I agree, something wrong with him.

Crazy thing about Lee and Tiffany and many other "celebrity" hunters and the 200" deer (and the Boone and Crockett deer) they have killed. Get a copy of the record book and see if they are in there. I don't care as much about those records, but with the egos of those type people, I personally believe there is no way they would not put those deer in the record books if they qualified and were ethical kills. Almost none of them have a deer in record books, look it up.

Didnt and wont listen to his egotisticle ramblings but remember when it all was happening, here is a grand idea, stop baiting and poaching and the twra will leave you and your spoiled mini me alone
I won't argue dude has a huge ego and I don't believe he's totally innocent. But I do think it's interesting that after all those years (he said 9) TWRA dropped all the charges against him.

I am friends with someone who grew up with Spook. He told me that Spook would shoot many bucks, over the limit, in a season. He would cut the heads off and throw the rest of the deer away. Rarely if ever saving any meat at all. He said it is a known fact among all that grew up with him. I agree, something wrong with him.

Crazy thing about Lee and Tiffany and many other "celebrity" hunters and the 200" deer (and the Boone and Crockett deer) they have killed. Get a copy of the record book and see if they are in there. I don't care as much about those records, but with the egos of those type people, I personally believe there is no way they would not put those deer in the record books if they qualified and were ethical kills. Almost none of them have a deer in record books, look it up.
I don't disagree with you honestly. I don't keep up with record books but isn't it net score not gross to get in? I'm not going to lie all I go by myself is gross score. Could careless about what a deer nets.

I don't disagree with you honestly. I don't keep up with record books but isn't it net score not gross to get in? I'm not going to lie all I go by myself is gross score. Could careless about what a deer nets.

Yes it's net score that counts. And every entry costs money, as in you have to pay for the recognition. Now days you can post pics & scores on social media and it'll be seen by more people and faster than if you had entered it into the books. IMO the record books are antiquated & near obsolete at this point in their current format. That's why folks don't use them like they used to do. Social media is better, faster, and free if all you're after is bragging about your kill.

You know why don't you ....they don't qualify most likely .

Latest posts

Back