sportsman condo is up

cecil30-30

But not quite done. This was supposed to be my easy stand installation. It was going well up until I went to drive t post at each corner for a anchor. I found out quick that this ridge is a little different from the ridge I put my other shooting house on. I can only get the t posts down about 1.5 feet before I hit solid rock. So that screws me out of using a mobile home anchor for the anchor underneath the center of the blind. I guess I'll dig down as deep as I can go and concrete the t posts in and dig a giant hole directly under the blind for my turnbuckle style anchor. With the cost of lumber I opted to use the left over beams I had for cross bracing. I used 3/8, 3 1/2 in lag bolts. Worked rather nicely. On my way to lowes to spend some more dang money. 😡 just wanted to thank gatodoc for hooking me up. Maybe I can get 1 or 2 more after deer season.

Attachments

• 20220305_135516.jpg
    20220305_135516.jpg
    684.1 KB · Views: 258
  • 20220305_135531.jpg
    20220305_135531.jpg
    711.3 KB · Views: 223

cecil30-30

Is that the SC-3?

Honestly, I didn't bother with the central anchor. I have all 4 legs u-bolted to t-posts driven into the ground a good 2 to 2 1/2 feet. It would take a tornado to tip mine over.
It is. I would love to drive my posts deeper but I appears there is a solid layer of rock about 1 and a half feet down.

vonb

I drilled 1" holes through my legs at a 45 degree angle and then ran rebar through the holes and into the ground. It's been there 3 years in some high wind and hasn't moved.

I also cut half-moon shaped plywood and put on top of the floors to give the floors some rigidity. I then covered the wood in outdoor carpet.

They are the best blind for the money.

BSK

They are the best blind for the money.
Agreed. I did a lot of shopping around before buying the Sportsman's Condos.

If I had only one spot for a shooting house, I would problem drop the big bucks and buy a Redneck blind. But considering I will eventually put up 6 or 7 condos, the SCs were the only way to go cost-benefit-wise.

Chickenrig

Agreed. I did a lot of shopping around before buying the Sportsman's Condos.

If I had only one spot for a shooting house, I would problem drop the big bucks and buy a Redneck blind. But considering I will eventually put up 6 or 7 condos, the SCs were the only way to go cost-benefit-wise.
I agree with you on the sportsmans condos .
If i needed a pile of em they would be the ticket , but i only need 2 blinds so i splurged and bought 2 of the Redneck blinds on 10' stands . They ought to last me the rest of my days !!!

gatodoc

But not quite done. This was supposed to be my easy stand installation. It was going well up until I went to drive t post at each corner for a anchor. I found out quick that this ridge is a little different from the ridge I put my other shooting house on. I can only get the t posts down about 1.5 feet before I hit solid rock. So that screws me out of using a mobile home anchor for the anchor underneath the center of the blind. I guess I'll dig down as deep as I can go and concrete the t posts in and dig a giant hole directly under the blind for my turnbuckle style anchor. With the cost of lumber I opted to use the left over beams I had for cross bracing. I used 3/8, 3 1/2 in lag bolts. Worked rather nicely. On my way to lowes to spend some more dang money. 😡 just wanted to thank gatodoc for hooking me up. Maybe I can get 1 or 2 more after deer season.
Don't forget to put your flying insect strips in there...

boonencrockett

But not quite done. This was supposed to be my easy stand installation. It was going well up until I went to drive t post at each corner for an anchor. I found out quick that this ridge is a little different from the ridge I put my other shooting house on. I can only get the t posts down about 1.5 feet before I hit solid rock. So that screws me out of using a mobile home anchor for the anchor underneath the center of the blind. I guess I'll dig down as deep as I can go and concrete the t posts in and dig a giant hole directly under the blind for my turnbuckle style anchor. With the cost of lumber I opted to use the left over beams I had for cross bracing. I used 3/8, 3 1/2 in lag bolts. Worked rather nicely. On my way to lowes to spend some more dang money. 😡 just wanted to thank gatodoc for hooking me up. Maybe I can get 1 or 2 more after deer season.
How tall are the legs on this one 8 foot or 10 ? About to put mine in the air

Latest posts