• Help Support TNDeer:

Suggestions for guided hunt (Illinois, Ohio, KY)

scn said:
BigSatt said:
scn said:
redblood said:
fredfred said:
If it gets cold early you would be ok but the 2nd week in November is normally the best time to see a big buck in Illinois

there gun season fall at or near peak rut

If he has not already put in for the firearms hunt, the chance of getting a tag may be pretty slim. And, I read somewhere in their news release something to the effect that they will not sell any ES (buck) archery tags over the counter this year after their season opens. Don't anyone take that as gospel as that was my reading and interpretation. But, with some of the issues they have had on non-resident hunters going up there and buying an anterless tag and then purchasing after the fact a ES/buck tag if they shot one, I can see why they might have made that change. We had a nice deer posted on here a while back that had been illegally taken under that scenario up there.

Plenty of tags left in most counties this year, scn.

After the second lottery drawing for their shotgun hunt?

According to the IL DNR website the last date listing available permits was June 30, 2012. That was the deadline for the second (nonresident) lottery and would not reflect the permits issued in those drawings.

This is listed at the top of the page:

ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES
FIREARM DEER PERMITS AVAILABLE FOR ISSUANCE
AFTER PROCESSING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED 06/30/12

http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/Doc ... UN2012.pdf

BigSatt said:
scn said:
BigSatt said:
scn said:
redblood said:
fredfred said:
If it gets cold early you would be ok but the 2nd week in November is normally the best time to see a big buck in Illinois

If he has not already put in for the firearms hunt, the chance of getting a tag may be pretty slim. And, I read somewhere in their news release something to the effect that they will not sell any ES (buck) archery tags over the counter this year after their season opens. Don't anyone take that as gospel as that was my reading and interpretation. But, with some of the issues they have had on non-resident hunters going up there and buying an anterless tag and then purchasing after the fact a ES/buck tag if they shot one, I can see why they might have made that change. We had a nice deer posted on here a while back that had been illegally taken under that scenario up there.

According to the IL DNR website the last date listing available permits was June 30, 2012. That was the deadline for the second (nonresident) lottery and would not reflect the permits issued in those drawings.

Thanks. It looks like the economy caught up with them in a major way this year.

Can you check for permits yet?

redblood said:
for much, much less that 2k
How much would you say you spend TOTAL each fall deer hunting IL? Reason I ask is I "think" I could scare the dickens out of $2K TOTAL with lease dues, out of state hunting licenses, lodging, food, fuel/gas, etc? To better understand your cost estimate, how many trips (scouting, hunting, etc) do you take each fall to IL and which seasons/weapons do you hunt/with? I'm trying to get a feel for what I'd be out of pocket if I went that route in the future. Thanks in advance RB.

scn said:
BigSatt said:
scn said:
BigSatt said:
scn said:
redblood said:
fredfred said:

Thanks. It looks like the economy caught up with them in a major way this year.

Can you check for permits yet?

Yes.

http://neonwebh.cmcf.state.il.us:8080/con/deerinq

Thanks! I just checked and my ML permits were there. It doesn't look like they have updated the availble ML permit list like they have the firearms. I'm really shocked at the number of firearm permits left. Five years ago in the county I hunt it was almost impssible for a nonresident to get a firearm permit. I guess the economy and their continued climb in NR license prices have finally collided.

Latest posts

Back