• Help Support TNDeer:

Sunday slabs

Poleaxe

Got out trolling the boards early before I had to head into work. Thought it would be tough with this rain but was surprised when we found they had moved up in the shallow waters. Hot color today was a watermelon sunset southern pro on 1/32 head.

Attachments

• tmp_9150-_facebook_-2068339963_zpsa6bfe4e8-11614475197.jpg
    tmp_9150-_facebook_-2068339963_zpsa6bfe4e8-11614475197.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 554
That's a nice mess of slabs. I was wondering what you guys that pull baits where the fish catches itself versus spider rigging or stick fishing, get the same satisfaction in catching the fish.

I catch more fish trolling than I do stick fishing. I will give deer meat away but not crappie and I like to catch as many as I can. It's so fast paced trolling too when their hot.

fairchaser":3unawgdx said:
I was wondering what you guys that pull baits where the fish catches itself versus spider rigging or stick fishing, get the same satisfaction in catching the fish.

I don't. We pull cranks in the summer and it's ok. Puts crappie in the freezer, but I'd much rather spider rig. Above all I'd rather fish brush with jigs on a 10 foot jig pole.

Spurhunter":3m7i916a said:
fairchaser":3m7i916a said:
I was wondering what you guys that pull baits where the fish catches itself versus spider rigging or stick fishing, get the same satisfaction in catching the fish.

I don't. We pull cranks in the summer and it's ok. Puts crappie in the freezer, but I'd much rather spider rig. Above all I'd rather fish brush with jigs on a 10 foot jig pole.

That's kinda the way I feel. I pulled crank baits once it sort of felt like plowing rows. I prefer spider rigging and stick fishing. At least the fisherman gets to participate in hooking the fish.

Latest posts

Back