• Help Support TNDeer:

Targeting Small, Largemouth Bass

catman529":z4ou2fz7 said:
WTM":z4ou2fz7 said:
CBU93":z4ou2fz7 said:
What the heck is a Ned rig?

basically a half of a stick bait threaded on a light wire crappie jig.
more specifically a Z-man Finesse TRD which is like a shortened mini Senko on a Z-man Finesse Shroomz jighead. It's deadly on all kinds of bass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

a variation of charlie brewers sliders. i still use the slider heads. zman has more variations and better plastics.

ZachMarkus":sb0vv99g said:
If I just wanted to catch as many bass as possible I would be throwing a weightless zoom super fluke or a wacky rig. Ned rig is a good option as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A fluke or wacky rig are hard to beat in a pond.

RUGER":2yy7oxw1 said:
CBU93":2yy7oxw1 said:
RUGER":2yy7oxw1 said:
Or just use a whacky worm and be done with it. :D

You and that durn whacky worm...SMH...

LOL hey, it works.

I was hard headed about the wacky rig for a long time. Until I got tired of co anglers whipping me out of the back of the boat with it. Embrace the wacky.....

chunkandwind":pc4nrui3 said:
I was hard headed about the wacky rig for a long time. Until I got tired of co anglers whipping me out of the back of the boat with it. Embrace the wacky.....

:rotf: :rotf: :tu:

Lots of ponds already have algea and grass growing in them. I would 2nd the fluke or floating a worm. If algea or grass becomes a problem, you will be limited to what you can throw. A rubber frog should work great this time of year also and should be completely weed less.

Grandslam11":rommah8f said:
Lots of ponds already have algea and grass growing in them.
Exactly. I'd say "most" not just "lots".

Probably the best way to catch them in great numbers over multiple trips inside a few days or weeks
will be to rotate your "lures".

I'd save the live bait ideas until last, and as Grandslam11 points out,
algae and other crap may limit your options.

Latest posts

Back