• Help Support TNDeer:

TARP, master angler

WTM

didnt know what this was until some on here posted about it.

i was looking at the list and was thinking that level 3 may be doable for myself but level 4, that would probably require some guided trips.

anyone completed level 2 or 3 yet or close to it? if so what species did you complete?

I'm up to 7 now after Friday. Mine are Blue Catfish and White & Black Crappie. I'm thinking about getting a guided trip to try for a TARP Striper, the 5th species is gonna be a surprise..hopefully...

I'm a Master Angler II with seven species. I feel sure I could get to Master Angler III if I just set my mind to it. That might need to be "a project" when guiding slows down this winter. :)

TARPS I HAVE:
  • Blue Catfish
    Yellow Perch
    Smallmouth
    Spotted Bass
    Largemouth
    White Crappie
    Black Crappie

TARPS I Think I Can Catch:
  • Drum - 28 in.
    White Bass - 18 in.
    Redear (Shellcracker) - 11 in.
    Brook Trout - 10 in.
    Flathead - 34 in.

rsimms":2bv3tqzj said:
I'm a Master Angler II with seven species. I feel sure I could get to Master Angler III if I just set my mind to it. That might need to be "a project" when guiding slows down this winter. :)

TARPS I HAVE:
  • Blue Catfish
    Yellow Perch
    Smallmouth
    Spotted Bass
    Largemouth
    White Crappie
    Black Crappie

• Drum - 28 in.
    White Bass - 18 in.
    Brook Trout - 10 in.
    Flathead - 34 in.

I thought you finally got the bream too?

RUGER":2jwslsm1 said:
rsimms":2jwslsm1 said:

TARPS I HAVE:
  • Blue Catfish
    Yellow Perch
    Smallmouth
    Spotted Bass
    Largemouth
    White Crappie
    Black Crappie

• Drum - 28 in.
    White Bass - 18 in.
    Brook Trout - 10 in.
    Flathead - 34 in.

Oh yea!!! You're right. Can't believe I forgot that one. So I have 8/10. Just two more to go.

rsimms":2r4rj2hh said:
RUGER":2r4rj2hh said:
rsimms":2r4rj2hh said:

TARPS I HAVE:
  • Blue Catfish
    Yellow Perch
    Smallmouth
    Spotted Bass
    Largemouth
    White Crappie
    Black Crappie

• Drum - 28 in.
    White Bass - 18 in.
    Brook Trout - 10 in.
    Flathead - 34 in.

Oh yea!!! You're right. Can't believe I forgot that one. So I have 8/10. Just two more to go.

Sheesh, must be nice to be able to forget that one. :)
Ole dog you. :)

I'm gonna start putting in for these tarp thingies. I've never paid it much attention. I've got at least three perch filleted in the freezer right now that would have made it. A rock bass is a good possibility as well as a rockfish. I've got a good chance at a brook trout and I mean a "real" brookie, not a tailwater fish that arrived by truck...

Friendly reminder to folks that there's a time limit on when you can submit the fish for recognition.

I have never submitted any of my own, but I did the blue catfish for my son after he caught a ~25-pounder while out with Mr. Simms' associate Sam Simons.

I would have blue cat, channel cat, white bass, bluegill, shellcracker, and maybe crappie.

They should add one for chain pickerel :)

Latest posts

Back