• Help Support TNDeer:

Tennessee Fishing Book

Displaced_Vol

Shot in the dark here. Grandfather loves to fish, particularly smallmouth but not exclusively. Any good book recommendations that are specific to east TN? The river or lakes in the region? He is not a fly fisherman I know there are some of those.
He has a couple generic bass books but I thought he may enjoy something specific to East TN if it existed.

Not aware of any. Sometimes Wally World will have some region specific books. Amazon or Books-A-Million? Go online or get last year's regulations book. Look for lakes that have SMB mentioned with limits, etc. Dale Hollow, holder of the world record, and Watts Bar come to mind. Determine what region you would be fishing in according to the regulations and you should find a lot of info.

He fishes the river near three forks and Norris the most. Although at times he'd fish several other lakes in the region.
I've done a quick google search but when I get back to the laptop and can spend some more time digging. Anybody thinks of anything all recommendations are appreciated!

I just did a search for "smallmouth fishing in tennessee book". Try that and look through the hits. They are not all exactly what you asked for but there are quite a few that appear to be relevant. Hope this helps.

A friend loaned me a book years ago written by Bill Nichols from Clinton. It had maps, pictures and details about Norris. Good book but would probably be super hard to find these days.

If he has access to you tube theirs a channel called tactical bassin. They fish Chicamauga and Watts bar. The last few months will be filmed there they just moved here from California . Also they give good information on tackle and where to find fish through out the season's.

A Passion for Tarpon, Andy Mill
Jump Fishing GIF by Early Riser Coffee

If he has access to you tube theirs a channel called tactical bassin. They fish Chicamauga and Watts bar. The last few months will be filmed there they just moved here from California . Also they give good information on tackle and where to find fish through out the season's.

He might- I think he updated TVs and got a smart TV. Might be able to get him trained up on how to use it. That and the 24/7 customer service I'd be on the hook for might make a pretty good gift-
Thanks for the feedback everybody.

Latest posts

Back