• Help Support TNDeer:

Thoughts on the Moultrie Mobile Edge Cellular Cam?

I think I got a picture of a Walker (zombie) the other night.
This is on Shelby Farms @11:09 pm
FLrJMBo.jpg

Moultrie' s old discontinued cell cams. These were the 150.00 or so cams back in the day.View attachment 214670The 7000 and 6000 series went away when moultrie came out with the base cams that caused them so many problems. I used to go to moultries refurb site and buy these for around 70.00 and had very good luck with them.
Those were 👍 great. Thousands and thousands of pics with low occurrence of problems. Worked for years. Sadly the last one died now.
Don't like cams without sd cards and the edge and base don't do it for me.

Clarity on what? Day time pictures? Most if not all take good day time their night time pictures and videos are awful unless they are 2 ft away.
IMG_6065.jpeg

They look good to me with Edge.

Anyone use them? All the reviews look pretty good and the monthly data plan is only about 10 bucks. Cheaper if you opt to go yearly.
I have one and it worked like a charm until the first set of batteries ran out. I used Copper Top which I am now told probably should use their Moultrie batteries or Everready+. I loaded up the unit with Moultrie and now the unit won't turn on. I contacted service and was told to send a video of me loading the Moultrie batteries which I did. Several times lastly from my phone which service should of been able to open. Now they don't even contact me or reply to my requests for service. The camera worked but SERVICE IS NOT GOOD as it should be.

I have 2. I ran one for my ver 4 months with an external battery I rigged up and it worked great. The other one I'm using a full load of batteries in a very weak signal area and just now got a notice my battery are weak after about 3 months. I think they both miss a lot of pictures. I get a lot of the back end of a deer walking across the view. I still like them both but I have not compared the edge with any others. Easy set up and pretty reliable. 👍

Not to overstep the OP's questions I've always just used the photo end but am curious to know if using the video and pic feature caused any issues with slowing or missing possible photos? I tried it last week and saw a somewhat decrease and went back to just photos now. Just curious
I use the pic/video mode on all 15 Moultrie Cell Cams, Keep in mind, if you use that feature during the video (15) second or whatever you have it set on, it will not take another pic til video is complete. However if there was a pic to be taken during the video segment it will be in video. Only an opinion as the rest on here are, but I've used Moultrie for years and believe they are the best on the market and recommend them to you and others

I have one and it worked like a charm until the first set of batteries ran out. I used Copper Top which I am now told probably should use their Moultrie batteries or Everready+. I loaded up the unit with Moultrie and now the unit won't turn on. I contacted service and was told to send a video of me loading the Moultrie batteries which I did. Several times lastly from my phone which service should have been able to open. Now they don't even contact me or reply to my requests for service. The camera worked but SERVICE IS NOT GOOD as it should be.
You must use the Lithium batteries or they WILL NOT give you the best results. Also cell cams are like cell phones , if your in a dead or bad coverage area, the system will continue to look for a signal just as your phone and will run down batteries faster . Hope that helps you guys that wonder why your battery dies sooner than it should

You must use the Lithium batteries or they WILL NOT give you the best results. Also cell cams are like cell phones , if your in a dead or bad coverage area, the system will continue to look for a signal just as your phone and will run down batteries faster . Hope that helps you guys that wonder why your battery dies sooner than it should
I use Amazon alkaline and they last for months.

Anyone use them? All the reviews look pretty good and the monthly data plan is only about 10 bucks. Cheaper if you opt to go yearly.
I have 8 of them. Four of the regular edge and four of the edge 2. I love them all but I like the edge 2's better.

Attachments

• IMG_0150.webp
    IMG_0150.webp
    58 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back