• Help Support TNDeer:

Tim Walz vs John Kerry on "hunting" small game

TheLBLman

Perhaps only avid small game hunters can appreciate this?

Looks like Tim Walz had a John Kerry "hunting" moment?

For those old enough to remember, a couple decades ago there was a similar VP candidate named John Kerry, who tried to pander to hunters. His own lack of hunting experience had an opposite effect with hunters.

Said VP Candidate Kerry while pandering to hunters:

"I go out with my trusty 12-gauge double-barrel, crawl around on my stomach. I track and move and decoy and play games and try to outsmart them. You know, you kind of play the wind. That's hunting," said VP Candidate Kerry two decades ago.

Never mind what made Kerry's remarks a joke was more their context. Kerry was asked how he went deer hunting.

Last edited:
Politics aside. Guy has always been a supporter of hunting and outdoorsman. Hell, he drives an international harvester. His brother was killed on a camping trip with Walz son when a tree fell on their tent. Walz' son broke his back in the incident. Guy has been doing events to open deer and pheasant season as governor well before he was picked as VP. If anything, guy is guilty of bringing a gun he's not used to. As you can see from this prior event, he apparently hunts with a semi-auto.

Politics aside. Guy has always been a supporter of hunting and outdoorsman. Hell, he drives an international harvester. His brother was killed on a camping trip with Walz son when a tree fell on their tent. Walz' son broke his back in the incident. Guy has been doing events to open deer and pheasant season as governor well before he was picked as VP. If anything, guy is guilty of bringing a gun he's not used to. As you can see from this prior event, he apparently hunts with a semi-auto.

Very good post.

I can criticize his record regarding COVID response and a few other things but he has seemed to support outdoorsman historically.

Very good post.

I can criticize his record regarding COVID response and a few other things but he has seemed to support outdoorsman historically.
Personally, I think its a good thing to have folks in both parties that supporting hunting, fishing and the outdoors and the best way to accomplish that is to give credit where credit is due. You don't have to vote for them, but don't turn their support into a liability. $0.02.

He is a politician, does he have any record of being a sportsman before politics? It's good that someone supports the outdoors, from any side, especially politically, but if he only does photo ops for his political career, it does not make him a sportsman. As to the shotgun incident, come on, a little pre practice and it would have gone as intended, instead he looked like a Fudd.

Back