• Help Support TNDeer:

Time for a new Muzzleloader

I have an Accura MR-X I have hunted the last couple years and so does my son. They are the easiest to clean muzzleloaders I have ever used and shoot lights out. I bought a second as a backup and have never used it or even mounted a scope that I'm debating moving along, but you're on the other end of the country from us East Tn boys….

Convert that 700ML to smokeless! Im thinking you can do that and stay in your budget!
After 28yrs. of using my Remington 700ML I am ready to upgrade! I have not kept up with the latest muzzleloaders on the market, do you guys have any advice on what's good and what to stay away from?

Thanks!
You take $75 for the Remington ML?

I have an 11 year old cva buckhorn. It's raggedy but I've killed a big pile of deer and coyotes with it. Shot it earlier this week and my first two bullets were touching at 2in high at 60 yards. I put it back in the case. It's a pain to clean, ain't pretty but it's still good enough for me.

Good luck getting your ML figured out how you want it!

I just bought one of the cva crossfire muzzleloaders. Not hard on the budget and very accurate so far. Very easy to clean and load/unload with the firesticks. Hoping to shoot some tomorrow and I'll post some pics if I don't forget. This is where I left it after adjusting scope last time out. 100 yards with 280 hard cast Harvester. I only fired the one after adjusting from the shot off to the right.

Attachments

• 20240712_093750.webp
    20240712_093750.webp
    111.2 KB · Views: 1
I just went through this. I had purchased a TC Impact sb right before CWD hit. Last year my kid went on a hunt with it on a draw and liked iso much she claimed it. So I had to purchase a new one since CWD has changed here on the west side. I ended up getting a CVA Wolf because I did not want to spend a lot. My dad just decided he wanted to get a new one as well and went with the CVA optima. TC is going to be producing new stuff next year, but if buying now CVA would be a good choice.

Luke at arrowhead sports group SHOULD have everything you need to convert that 700. Hes quit doing them, opting to build and sell his own guns, but last I checked he had the parts to do it. He did mine several years ago and all total, counting buying a 700ML to get the action, Ive got $1000 bucks in it.
DO NOT SELL YOUR 700!!!!!

Latest posts

Back