• Help Support TNDeer:

Tndeer White River trip

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I had actually thought about this on the way home last weekend and then buzzard breath mentioned it so I thought I would throw it out there and see what kind of interest there would be.

Late October / early November time frame.

Who all would be interested in getting together for a Saturday / Sunday or Friday/Saturday/Sunday trip to the White River in Arkansas?

Depending on people count we might could rent a big house or cabin in the area and have pretty cheap lodging.
I know we would eat like kings regardless. :)

I'd certainly be interested in such a trip. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'd be able to do it during that time this year.

moondawg":ldt4oazb said:
I'd certainly be interested in such a trip. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'd be able to do it during that time this year.

I am good till about Thanksgiving.
Once duck season starts I probably won't fish any more till after the end of January.... unless it is like last year then I would go during duck season too. :D

Sounded good till i saw the date. Thats Prime Time

I never have fished the white,havent been fly fishing that long but i am addicted.Just not addicted enough to miss being in the woods in that time frame.

RUGER":erw8d627 said:
I had actually thought about this on the way home last weekend and then buzzard breath mentioned it so I thought I would throw it out there........
I didn't mean right now! :mrgreen: I already have an out of state hunting trip planned for the first part of November. I'm dying to get over there and fish, it's just that bowhunting occupies my thoughts 24/7 and I can't skip out on the rut. I also need time to figure out what flies I need to tie and get them tied.

woodyard":3d2kl6qf said:
You know, I am probably gonna be over there sometime about then. :D
And then again I am probably gonna be over there in late Jan or Feb , so it might work for me.

LOL figured it would. :)

I'm definitely interested. The last weekend in Oct is the youth hunt, so I won't be hunting then. I would like some details.

It looks like about a 400-mile trip for me. Exactly where would we be going on the White river? Would we bring our own boats/canoes or rent? And of course, where would we stay (I realize that depends on how many go)? What is a ball park figure on cost?

Most of us are probably focusing on hunting right now, so I'm open to something in the spring if that generates more interest.

catman529":3f0fascw said:
I would love to do that but come on that is when the rut is starting to heat up. :D

Yeah I wasn't thinking about that.
Might do one a little later in the year too.

TNCharlie":2st24lvg said:
I'm definitely interested. The last weekend in Oct is the youth hunt, so I won't be hunting then. I would like some details.

It looks like about a 400-mile trip for me. Exactly where would we be going on the White river? Would we bring our own boats/canoes or rent? And of course, where would we stay (I realize that depends on how many go)? What is a ball park figure on cost?

Most of us are probably focusing on hunting right now, so I'm open to something in the spring if that generates more interest.

Probably Calico Rock.
There are boats you can rent there, not sure about the cost. Depending on where you get them I would say around $75 - $100 per day.
Where we would stay probably directly depends on how many go. From what I have seen you can get a room for around $50 per night.

Brown trout spawn usually happens in late October through middle December. World class trout fishing on the White/Norfork or Little Red during this time. A chance to catch a real whopper is there. Another great time for a "boys trip" is the weekend the NCAA basketball tournament starts in March. Lots of basketball on TV when you can't fish. I've done this several times with various groups and it's always been fun. Gastons Resort is perfect venue for something like you're talking about. Very nice restaurant, boat dock, guide service, the grounds are impeccably maintained and they have a private landing strip if anyone has a plane. And lots of deer and other wild things hanging around.

Mackey

Can't beat Gaston's but it is pricey. We stayed at Rainbow drive resort the last time we were over there and probably won't stay anywhere else from now on.

Back