• Help Support TNDeer:

Tough bite on WB

larry ipock":1j4txcvl said:
SilverFox":1j4txcvl said:
Ha! I'm not staying home.

On our next to last stop we were 10-15 yards from the point and there was 2 boats across the main creek arm from us. One of them cranks up with his trolling motor still down and comes straight at us. I told my buddy that guy is fixing to screw us. Sure enough he pulls right in front us 10-15 yards on the other side of the point. He knew he was doing wrong... wouldn't even look our direction. In my younger years I probably would have lost it... I mean it wasn't like he couldn't see us working that point since we were coming straight towards him and all the boats on that "T" had been there for 15-20 minutes. On about his 3rd cast he sent his crankbait up in the trees. I did laugh a little... I mean we were right behind him at this point and I saw it and heard him cursing. He got mad and broke it off and left. About 3 cast later I saw something shinning in the tree and we went over there and I reached up and hooked it in my top guide... brand new spro little Jon. It didn't even have any scuffs on the bill. He had to have just tied it on before he jumped us.

:tu:
Seems like common courtesies aren't common any more. Unbelievable boating behavior on Norris since the "Buckeye Navy" got "transferred" to Norris from Lake Cumberland.

That's for sure. Don't forget to add them Michigan boys in there too. Maybe not as bad as the Ohio guys but they aren't far behind.

43lbs won our CBA tournament on Chickamauga this weekend. that's the biggest bag I have ever heard of being weighed. I made a dumb mistake and pitched a 6lber and 3 keeprs overboard and didn't bother weighing in. would have earned me some decent points considering almost half of the field didn't weigh in.

feel free to see the results at www.cbatournament.com for March. As you can see many really solid fisherman struggled on a day that 43lbs was brought to the scales. My point is that this lake (Chic) is very fickle and can be super tough. TVA can move the water up or down a few inches, and it will totally reposition the fish. Pair that up with changing generation schedules, weather, and of course an insane amount of pressure it can get down right tuff. I know tons of folks who came to town with 10lbers on their mind only to go home depressed that they struggled to catch a keeper. I truly hope the florida stockings in Watts Bar, Nickajack, and Tellico/ Loudon take affect like it did on Chick just to relieve some of the pressure. That being said, I'm tickled I have been alive to watch what has happened and even more happy that I live a mile from the water and have been able to experience it first hand. As far as habitat goes, if they would leave the grass alone at Watts Bar, it has every bit of the habitat Chick does.

I haven't been to Chick but 4 times I think. The first time I fished down near Harrison Bay and caught some decent fish. The next 2 times we went out of Dayton and it was depressing. Caught a couple but nothing to remember. Friday we went back down to Harrison Bay. I think had it not been so crowded we could have caught some more but we went up lake to get away from the masses and the bite went away. They also stopped flowing water about that time also.

seems like the better fish have been coming from up river near Dayton. I know all but 1 of this 43lb. bag came from up there. The fellow that won is a friend of mine. He won last month's tx with 34lbs! He has hammered them this year!

SilverFox":2dwodbs5 said:
I think had it not been so crowded we could have caught some more but we went up lake to get away from the masses and the bite went away.

talked to a good friend of mine at the region 3 office, said that boat registrations are threw the roof. :roll:

Latest posts

Back